Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry. The ideal candidate will live on the bubble of pop culture trends, a social influencer in their own right, pushing forward ideas that drive innovation and challenge the status quo.
What we are looking for:
We would like to appoint a Trend+Culture Creative to become an accelerant and catalyst, developing breakthrough ideas for brand storytelling, activations and crafting narratives that uniquely connect to the target consumer across a portfolio of influential global consumer clients. You are a bringer of creative ideas and a hunter for cool trends.
We are offering a unique opportunity for an ambitious creative to serve as a strategic visionary with a relentless passion for innovative client work, who knows how to get your ideas heard, and can successfully map the latest trends in in pop culture to opportunities that benefit our clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Serving as a trend and culture expert on behalf of a globally influential portfolio of consumer clients including a major streaming brand – driving culture relevancy for these brands and fostering authentic brand love
- Hunting for emerging trends in order to develop creative, culturally relevant and compelling ideas that help keep our clients on the cutting edge of public conversation and inspire consumers – especially the 18-24-year old demographic
- Driving innovation by continually pushing the boundaries of our creative programs into new and relevant areas
- Driving true collaboration, establishing creative ideation as a lead component of campaign strategy and success while working effectively with a team
- Executing client projects that exceed expectation and deliver on client objectives
- Storytelling with channel neutral ideas that break through and command attention
- Demonstrating hunger, passion and tenacity; you aren’t just reading about the latest trends, you are living them
What you’ll need to get here:
- Authentic, living-it-now passion for, and proven understanding of, emerging trends, what is new, what is cool, what is trending online across music, beauty, fashion, celebrity and more to inform creative strategy and campaign ideation
- Impressive online portfolio showcasing a variety of work from traditional to social and digital; you’ve worked on many things in the creative space, but you are most proud of being the architect of the idea
- True digital native with a strong and wide grasp of all things social; expert knowledge of how to use all digital platforms to their maximum benefit; you also stay on top of emerging apps – you are always the first person you know to use the soon-to-be most popular platform
- Deep understanding of how to identify and leverage influencers; ability to identify ideas that capture attention, build and engage an audience
- Being a social influencer in your right a definite plus
- Ability to take an idea, trend and/or pop culture moment and connect it with our client’s business objectives in an authentic way
- Ambition to push yourself outside of the traditional lines, being agile, adaptable and able to work around roadblocks
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the work
- Superb writing, presentation and communication skills, bringing charisma and passion to sell ideas to both client contacts and internal stakeholders in written and verbal form
- Ability to thrive under pressure, juggling multiple clients, teams and deadlines
- Voracious reader and seeker of what’s new and what’s next
Sound like you? Please apply with your resume, portfolio (if relevant) and salary expectations.