Procurement Business Manager
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Business Manager to join our Procurement Team, to provide business development support services for our growing organization in the Ottawa office.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy. We work with a diverse range of clients to help them connect with, engage in dialogue and collaborate with various industries including, northern practitioners, aerospace suppliers, cyber and security experts, the military and government communities that matter to them. Our Procurement Practice has developed into Canada’s leading group of industry experts in a wide range of sectors including Defence, assisting our clients who seek a top tier Canadian firm to assist them with interpreting Canada’s needs for all aspects of the procurement process.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for twelve consecutive years, our employees work in a collegial and fast-paced environment. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being the best. Hill+Knowlton offers exciting work opportunities, a robust professional development program, and competitive compensation and benefits.
The Hill + Knowlton Procurement team is seeking a talented individual for a highly organized, experienced, and professional team of military experts who can support a Canadian government acquisition team in all aspects of administering to new business and supporting our current clients.
- Client centric experience (business or government)
- Strong writing / editing skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex content for clients
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Strong grasp of political environment, defence and/or aerospace and/or cyber & information technology environment, and/or large government acquisition processes and the ability to translate this understanding to key clients
- Military experience welcomed
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet quick turnaround deadlines when required
- French/English Bilingualism is not necessary but is considered an asset.
- Excellent document management, presentation development, formatting and production skills (using MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent attention/commitment to accuracy, details and quality
- 3-5 years’ experience in management support role
- Experience in working with an Executive Team
- Some University/College level education is preferred
- Proven ability to work independently and in a high-performing team
- Flexibility with regard to working hours in order to meet some occasional extended deadlines
- Understanding of Government marketing billboards
The ideal candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Providing direct administrative, organizational and business support to the Defence Procurement Vice President & Group Leader, the team of Consultants and Associates
- Providing support for business growth including proposal support, presentation support to potential clients, updating military market information, monitoring Buy&Sell (MERX), and monitoring Military Association business
- Providing intuitive understanding of the defence procurement environment that can include support with any of the following (but not limited to) experience with; contracts, Value Proposition or proposals.
- Providing proactive support for regular reports, documents and occasional event coordination for Associates attending industry, association and military events.
- Maintaining critical databases as required and organizing and maintaining files
- Providing all secretarial duties of meetings including agendas, minutes and televisual support
- Monitoring of parliamentary proceedings and media scans relevant to military and industrial trends
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K), a global public relations and integrated communications consultancy, offers senior counsel, insightful research and strategic communications throughout the world. We’ve been in the business of harnessing the power of the public for over 90 years, and our world-class teams of trusted advisors, digital masters and creative experts help our clients navigate today’s uncertain world to strengthen their brands, reputations, and bottom lines.
H+K works with over 50 percent of the Fortune Global 500 companies and some of the world’s most transformative social enterprises and technology companies in both established and emerging markets.
Our relationship with WPP — one of the world’s largest communications groups — gives us an unmatched worldwide presence and a deep bench, including our own strategic partnerships and acquisitions. We create ideas to believe in.