Senior Account Executive (Content Writing)
JOB TITLE: Senior Account Executive (Content Writer)
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is a leading global communications consultancy, advising and implementing strategic communication programs for top-tier organisations across a diverse range of industries and platforms.
In Australia we are proud to have grown out of the country’s first major PR agency. For more than seventy years, we have worked alongside leading local and global organisations to provide strategic counsel at the times when their businesses need it most.
Today, success requires being nimble to risk and responsive to opportunity. We believe that to thrive organisations need to proactively protect, leverage and build their reputation at every opportunity.
At H+K, reputation is our business. We add the plus: the strategy that connects brand purpose to brand reputation.
We are currently seeking an experienced Content Specialist to join our growing team.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate with a journalism/content writing background. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3+ years of writing experience, preferably in the corporate and technology sectors, but candidates who have other solid writing credentials will also be considered. The candidate should ideally possess a creative and innovative personality, is passionate about different social media platforms, with a thorough understanding of how best to utilize them. Experience within social media management/PR/marketing or content experience is ideal; an understanding of the new media and internet world is essential.
In this role you will provide specialised writing and thought leadership services to our growing suite of clients who are focused on differentiating their brand and voice in a crowded market.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a fast-paced, varied role with specific responsibilities including:
- Write and produce content for a variety of channels and platforms – media, web and social.
- Develop customer stories, brand and product messaging that cuts through with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Work with account teams to identify content ideas for a range of clients and audiences.
- Create content for H+K’s owned channels.
- Write across a variety of content types: thought leadership, opinion articles, blogs, LinkedIn posts, customer stories etc.
- Effectively communicate the client’s message in a persuasive and creative way
- Be the content expert and keep up to date with the respective industry nuances.
- Develop and build a strong understanding of branding, and the needs of different clients
- You will be a team player who is energetic and looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level.
H+K SPECIALIST SKILLS
At H+K your role also requires some specialist skills regardless of the level you are at. These include:
- Being curious: This means asking questions, all the time. Wondering why we do things the way we do. Seeking out and exploring as much information as possible and then sharing it with the team. What are other brands doing well? What was the last awesome campaign you saw? What’s inspiring you? How can we inspire our clients to think differently?
- Plugging into the news agenda: From celebrities to politicians, you might not always like them, but you’ve still got to know them! Understanding popular culture, current affairs, influencers and social trends that drive/shape opinion is really important. What’s the ‘water cooler conversation’ of the week? It’s your job to know what’s going on and who’s on-trend, so you can share that knowledge with our clients and your team.
- Living social: Understanding the wide array of social media networks that exist, how they work and who is using them is an important part of the job. You’ll be trained how to connect through and analyse all aspects of social media, so it’s important that you’re across all the platforms and understand how they can impact your clients’ communications programs. Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn… again, whether you love or hate these social networks you’ll need to be well versed in each platform and how they work. We find that the best way to do this is to be involved yourself! But, you choose the privacy settings you’re comfortable with. As well as what’s hot now, we want you to keep your finger on the pulse of what’s coming next.
- Having a say: Whether it’s via Contagious, Big Think, Wired or your own blog it’s important that you’re developing your view on brands, marketing and the role of PR in the mix. We encourage you to blog, write guest posts, Tweet or just share your thoughts (or the thoughts of others) with us internally.
We are The Sum of Us. At H+K, it is not about what ‘some of us’ could do, it’s about what the Sum Of Us can do. It’s about the possibility of what happens when we work together. Staying true to our values means celebrating each other with awards and bragging rights when we do stay true to our values or calling each other out when we don’t. But just as importantly, recognizing when we need to support each other with a big hug and a walk.
- We lead with our hearts and minds. At H+K, our EQ is as important as our IQ
- We seek and explore. At H+K, this means being curious, reading, asking questions and listening to learn
- We are humble but proud. We deliver incredible work, work that really does change lives. It’s behaviour changing, reputation building, impactful work
- We bring our passion and energy to all that we do. Every day we bring energy and a fresh perspective to what we do, to make the tried and tested way of doing things feel fresh and new