Communications Coordinator, Automotive
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is searching for a talented Communications Coordinator to join our client team for a major automotive manufacturer. This role offers a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional and media relations expert while gaining both agency and client-side experience. This position will benefit from H+K’s global network of energized experts while servicing a top global consumer brand as part of an elite embedded team.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing onsite client support for product and corporate communications programs on behalf of a global consumer brand
- Supporting a dedicated, embedded PR team on all brand initiatives
- Drafting written materials including media pitches, press releases, fact sheets, key messages, briefing books and more
- Working closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Contributing to the development and execution of product launches, corporate initiatives, media strategy, events, strategic partnerships and more
- Building relationships with key media contacts to secure earned media coverage
- Assisting with reporting, utilizing various platforms to analyze results and ROI on key programs
- Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel our client objectives
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing an influential global consumer brand within an integrated team
- The opportunity to work onsite as an extension of the client team in a cutting-edge, technologically advanced work space
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 2-3 years’ experience working in strategic communications and public relations; agency experience preferred; automotive experience a plus
- Media relations experience with the ability to effectively identify, pitch and build relationships with journalists to secure earned media coverage; lifestyle/consumer media contacts a plus
- Digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Working knowledge of key reporting and data analytics tools in order to generate client-ready reports on media coverage and influencer engagement
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Professionalism, poise and confidence as part of an embedded, client-facing team with daily client engagement
- Positive, go-getter attitude with a love of collaboration and delivering results
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with an elite embedded team within a globally influential firm
This position can either be based in Southern California (LA/OC region) or open to remote location.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry