Public Relations Fellow
The dynamic PR team at Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Costa Mesa, is seeking an energetic, team player to join our group as a public relations Fellow. This role presents the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of strategic communications and public relations across a diverse portfolio of clients within a globally influential firm. Fellows contribute to the day-to-day execution of client deliverables, gaining valuable experience within a fast-paced agency environment.
This role is part of Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ paid, comprehensive fellowship program. It is a formal fellowship designed to introduce you to the day-to-day business of a strategic communications firm and help you develop the essential written and verbal communications skills required to conduct strategic communications and public relations activities. Fellows also enjoy a robust curriculum of training opportunities and connectivity to other fellows within the H+K U.S. network. The fellowship is just one step toward what will become a fulfilling career for many.
Hill+Knowlton Costa Mesa +YOU, together.
We require immediate full-time availability (40 hours per week plus overtime) for a minimum term of six months.
Compensation: $18/hour plus overtime eligibility
What you’ll need to get here:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related
- Previous PR/communications internship experience a big plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with knowledge of AP Style guidelines
- Excellent research skills with the ability to summarize findings into a concise overview
- Social media savvy
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with basic PR software programs such as Cision, Trendkite, Factiva, Vocus or Sysomos also a plus
- Collaborative multi-tasker with a positive, can-do attitude and strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Recent graduate with full-time availability for six months a must
- Desire for a career in public relations
What else is in it for you?
- Fitness reimbursement
- Training and professional development curriculum
- 401K Plan
- Health insurance plan
- Paid sick leave (per company policy)
- The opportunity to work with, and influence, bold, creative teams and a globally influential clients
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply (resume and cover letter required; please include relocation timeline/plans if applicable).
If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.