Chief Growth Officer
Chief Growth Officer
H+K is looking to hire a Chief Growth Officer, who will be responsible for leading the agency’s growth agenda, with a focus on attracting and securing new clients. This individual will love the thrill of the chase and the excitement of the pitch, as they partner with business leaders across the U.S., H+K’s global network and WPP to identify, attract and win new high-profile, high-value clients. The ideal candidate will have both a passion for delivering creative, distinctive ideas and a focus on process and attention to detail that will ensure the consistent delivery of best-in-class proposals and high conversion rates.
- Vetting and identification of prospects ensuring that the agency is pursuing relevant and realistic prospects that align with our growth strategy and value
- Partnering with agency leaders to marshal the most relevant resources, accessing the most appropriate skills and talent from across sectors and specialisms
- Ensuring H+K proposals are strategically sound, differentiated through creativity and fitting for each prospect
- Coaching pitch teams to ensure compelling, memorable presentations
- Partnering with business development, sector and specialism leaders across the agency on multi-market opportunities
- Leading a team (3-5) of business development executives and enabling their success as they support new business opportunities
- Ensuring widespread understanding and adoption of H+K’s new business process, through training, coaching and championing the approach
- Working with U.S. and global sector leads to develop and execute proactive approaches to attract new business opportunities
- 15+ years in public relations with experience in agency, and a proven track record for driving growth and acquiring high-profile (Fortune 500), high-value clients
- Experience in agency/client leadership positions – demonstrated ability to articulate a clear vision and lead team members to a shared goal
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment and experience in delivering against tight deadlines
- A seasoned leader with exceptional judgment, agility, and ability to manage ambiguity and complex relationships
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to manage stakeholders in a matrixed organization
- Creative problem solver, with the ability and agility to manage challenges and roadblocks
- Ambitious thinker who can act as a creative spark/catalyst to deliver memorable ideas and differentiated thinking
- Strong writing skills and exceptional attention to detail
- A strong team orientation, with experience leading and being a member of diverse virtual global teams with an awareness of cultural, economic, and political differences and sensitivities
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, professional development opportunities, and more.
· A career working with a growing team that is helping clients address some of the world’s toughest health challenges.
· An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative team culture.
· Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency, and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.