National Resource Director
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country. We work with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns for a dynamic list of corporate and consumer brands.
H+K is looking for a National Resource Director to join our team to act as the main point of contact for resource management and deployment across the firm. Reporting to the Chief Client Officer, the incumbent will be critical in managing the flow of talent within and into the agency, building strategies for project resource management to support client teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the main point of contact to address resource management efforts within the agency
- Identify optimal resources to meet program / project requirements, for a roster of new, existing and growing client teams
- Drive the development of resource planning activities for the firm, driving process and collaboration with teams
- Ensure an accurate account of the workforce and liaise with internal stakeholders, program managers and staff to validate project requirements and scheduling of resources to support project-based and ongoing engagements
- Forecast potential gaps in staff availability and projects, identify at-risk engagements and coordinate with the respective leaders to plan and execute changes in a proactive manner
- Provide analysis and input to critical talent requirements and development and maintain both short, medium and long term proactive strategic talent pipelines, partnering with agency managers and human resources
- Initiate and / or attend internal status meetings when necessary to stay up to date projects, their resourcing requirements, and timing for staff deployment
- Update leadership and other internal stakeholders on key resource status, issues, problems, etc., keeping senior management involved as needed
The ideal candidate has:
- Seven to 10 years of experience in team resource allocation and/or project coordination for a professional services firm; experience in a public relations agency considered an asset
- Understanding of professional service agency workstreams, project planning and process
- Experience with resource gap analysis and supporting proactive strategic resource pipelines
- Ability to read and interpret data and reports to inform decision making
- Proven capacity to partner and build consensus with Senior Leaders, HR, and project teams
- Solid communication and influencing skills
- Ability to create a robust plan and execute flexibly based on the evolving needs of the business/projects
- Strong project management skills with proven success in managing multiple projects and work streams at once
- Fast-acting problem solver accustomed to working under tight deadlines, with the ability to balance and prioritize business objectives and make informed decisions
- Detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others
- Solutions oriented when faced with challenges with a continuous improvement mindset
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.