Account Director, Technology & Entertainment
HILL & KNOWLTON STRATEGIES
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR – TECHNOLOGY
H+K Strategies is the first large communications agency to structure itself around industry sectors. This adds deep industry knowledge to the agency’s core communications business, which is supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
H+K’s Tech practice is one of H+K London’s leading and highest performing sectors and has grown rapidly over the last six years. The experience of the 35+ team spans integrated communications, from corporate, B2B and consumer communications, to digital + social, influencers, analyst relations, content marketing and internal communications. We understand technology ecosystems, consumer and business audiences and the power of the influencer. We believe in making complex technology simple – telling its benefits to the world.
What we’re looking for
Following exciting new client wins at the beginning of the year, the team is looking to recruit an Account Director to work with some of its leading global consumer technology and entertainment brands. The role involves directing client teams, overseeing the creation of compelling content and developing relations with key clients. The role also offers the opportunity to explore new revenue streams for clients as well as driving new business for our practice.
The new hire will have a flair for bringing technology to life through human experiences, plus intellectual and creative curiosity to drive results. The successful candidate will have a passion for technology that enables experiences as well as a passion for youth culture. They will also complement the team’s values by being ambitious, creative, culturally open, empathetic and supportive.
H+K Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Responsibilities and attributes
- Passion for technology and the experiences it enables, music, podcast, culture, entertainment
- An understanding of mobile devices
- Media savvy with contacts across consumer technology, entertainment, music, lifestyle contacts on the nationals as well as media verticals
- Brilliant attention to detail and strong writing skills. This person should still regularly be speaking to media and have a little black book
- Experience in handling the delivery of complex projects and activations – taking them from initial brief right through to activation/delivery
- Confident client operator with tonnes of personality to bring to the table, can provide ongoing counsel and adapt to different styles and personalities easily as part of the will be dealing with various internal stakeholders coming from all parts of the business
- Experiencing in developing PR strategies for clients and importantly then driving them forward via executions that deliver strong, measurable results
- Thinks big picture whilst being able to drive forward the day to day delivery of the team and be across numerous projects at once
- Is bold and brave, curious and creative, and brings the outside in
- Has a passion for spotting new business opportunities and is keen to drive initiatives to help us grow
- Is hands-on while having the bigger picture in mind
What the role can offer you
- The opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and dynamic global consumer technology and entertainment brands
- The opportunity to hone your skills across strategic consultancy, brand campaigns, crisis management, analyst relations, media relations, product launches, content generation, advocacy and influencer engagement programmes
- Be part of a close-knit, highly motivated team, where culture matters, creativity is encouraged, and engagement and cooperation are common values
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub, which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients