Associate Director, Human Resource/People + Culture - Asia
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
We are searching for a Head of People + Culture for our Asia operations. Based in Singapore and reporting to the Global Chief People Officer, this role will help lead the transformation of this vital market for H+K Strategies. The Head of People + Culture, Asia will have an immediate impact by helping our Asia CEO and leadership team as we embark on a period of change and growth.
This role demands a seasoned business partner, excited about doing, leading, partnering, inspiring and solving problems. Balancing team leadership, communications, project and process management, operational savviness and humor, the Head of People + Culture, Asia will lead our day-to-day people strategies and practices, while identifying opportunities to develop and implement best practices both locally, and in partnership with our global People + Culture, Recruiting and Learning + Development leaders and colleagues.
In this role, you will leverage your deep understanding of core people topics including employee relations, benefits, compensation and payroll. You will also be an active partner in implementing and improving global programs and systems including Diversity + Inclusion, mentoring, dynamic learning programs, succession planning, employee engagement, performance management and more. You will play an integral role in shepherding H+K Strategies Asia operations through a large global evolution and ambitious growth trajectory.
H+K Strategies Asia employs nearly 200 people across 5 offices and 5 countries.
- Lead and develop the Asia People + Culture team across all elements of the employee experience
- Operating as a business partner and problem solver, be an active member of the Asia leadership team and thought partner to the Asia CEO
- Actively participate in, and lead some workstreams, within global H+K programs such as Diversity + Inclusion, performance management, learning and development, mentoring, mobility and more
- Become a leading mentor and voice within our global P+C team, partnering with our heads of Recruiting and Learning + Development on strategies, planning and implementation
- Understand the talent supply chain, with a critical eye to staffing needs, billability, turnover, evolving skills strategies, both immediate and upcoming
- Manage and drive the use of systems to their fullest ability, tracking key metrics and reporting on them as needed
- Manage the numbers, with an understanding to what’s “behind the numbers” so as to engage and inform key leaders within the firm and Asia
- Lead the Asia Diversity + Inclusion program and be a driver of a collaborative, creative, ever-evolving culture
Skills + Qualifications
- At least 5 years of Human Resources / Employee Experience / People + Culture experience at a senior level, leading team members in a virtual environment across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea and Japan, and possibly countries across ASEAN.
- Experience leading an organization’s people strategies, programs and policies through a period of change, including M+A / post-merger integrations
- Knowledge of WPP processes and programs considered a strong plus
- Comfortable in having a point of view and providing strategic advice to senior / c-suite colleagues
- Experience leading or participating in a systems implementation, integration and adoption
- A proven leader of others within a high-growth, fast-paced collaborative culture
- BA / BS degree required
- SPHR / PHR or similar certification a plus
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of how to lead a people and culture strategy in a client relationship driven business
- Strong both strategically and operationally; an agile thinker who sees the big picture and the details simultaneously – and understands their relationship to each other
- Gracious and able to work well with a range of stakeholders
- Highly engaged, goal oriented, with a strong sense of ownership
- Self-driven, able to determine the best course of action with little oversight across multiple projects and priorities; able to engage appropriate resources in a collaborative manner
- Good with process, with a bias towards execution
- Intellectually curious
- Committed, energetic and professional at all times
- Trustworthy with the most sensitive of information
- A strong player / coach, a thinker, leader and doer
- Able to have hard conversations
- An ambitious and energetic ambassador of your organization, able to drive culture for everyone equally
- Confident managing up; not a “yes person,” if something doesn’t make sense, you question it