Public Relations Account Director, Corporate Communications
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a talented Account Director to join our dynamic Toronto team. This represents an exciting opportunity to provide leadership and campaign strategy for a diverse portfolio of corporate clients across a wide range sectors including telecommunications, energy, financial services, professional services, gaming and more.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned communications professional with a proven track record of providing smart client counsel and the ability to lead large, integrated communications programs. This includes experience with issues management and/or crisis files and a strong understanding and/or experience with integrating digital and social communications.
We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for the H+K brand and our clients.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Serving as a client leader, providing account strategy and counsel, generating fresh, smart ideas and leading campaigns
- Overseeing junior team members, delegating tasks, executing client initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Developing and advising on social media strategies that incorporate industry best practices; providing client contacts with audience-centric social media analysis and guidance
- Creating and executing earned media and influencer strategies; managing media relations and influencer engagement projects and building relationships with key contacts
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential B2B corporate clients
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- 8-10 years’ experience in a communications role (prior agency/consulting experience required)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Ability to lead large, integrated clients
- Corporate communications, reputation management, issues management and crisis communications experience
- Superb client service skills with the ability to ensure client satisfaction through world-class service and program results
- Experience with a variety of channels including media relations, digital and social media and direct to stakeholder relations
- Ability to provide strategy on creative content and influencer programs; able to create compelling digital content across a variety of channels with knowledge of how to best distribute and optimize the performance of that content
- Natural curiosity and genuine passion for storytelling
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that can be applied across various platforms
- Strong project and budget management skills, ability to delegate and prioritize
- High attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud an asset
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.