Fellow, Creative + Design
Fellow, Content Creator + Graphic Designer
As our creative capabilities grow and we take on more exciting work with our clients, we’re looking for some fresh and agile thinking when it comes to content creation, particularly on social. We’re seeking a Fellow to join our team and collaborate with creatives, social media managers, and influencer experts based out of our NYC offices.
Focusing on social-first design, animation, and content creation – we’re looking for someone to concept ideas and execute, working alongside our studio, strategists, and content and publishing experts, to provide fresh thinking and ideas.
What we are looking for:
A social-first content creator who can thrive in an agile environment. Someone with a passion for social and how to maximize platform formats - from simple text-based posts to memes, videos to parodies, reactive to planned content.
You’ll be tapped into the latest trends on social and in culture and keen to identify innovative ways to tell a story. You’ll understand the value of design but also enjoy breaking the rules and trying new things. Working across a broad mix of disciplines, a typical week in our team would involve designing static graphics, social videos, animation, and motion graphics, conceptualizing campaigns, and individual posts, creating storyboards, and identifying platform hacks across all existing clients and for new business pitches.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Working closely with the team to ideate and create content for social channels, brand communications, and campaigns
• Designing and animating social assets, films, GIFs, and short animations
• Reformatting and resizing artwork
• Creating storyboards and mood boards
• Developing creative concepts; pulling visual and cultural references to define ideas
What You’ll Need to Get Here:
• Experience creating content for social media
• A social-first creative
• Previous agency internship experience preferred.
• A social-first creative
• Generating concepts both independently and as part of a team
• Agile content creator (film/design/photography)
• Digital and social savvy
• Enthusiastic and passionate about social media
• Curious, creative & entrepreneurial
• Clear communicator
• Always an optimist
• Attention to detail obsessive.
• Following and tracking trends
• Comfortable multi-tasking
• Creative problem-solving
• Adobe Creative Cloud and Mac OS
• MS Office and PowerPoint
In New York City, the base salary for this position at the time of this posting is $20/hr. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility, and qualifications.
H+K Strategies is one of the world’s largest and most renowned communications firms, with more than 85 offices around the globe.
At H+K here in the U.S., our first priority is our people and creating an experience for each employee that is positive and fulfilling. Do you like being able to work from anywhere and in a way that is best for your life? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working for the industry’s most exciting clients and supporting headline-grabbing programs? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working with nice people? Come join us at H+K. Do you like industry-best benefits, vacation time, wellness time, and parental leave? You guessed it, come join us at H+K.
Come join us at H+K. Where we believe in the power of “Being” everything that our employees need us to be – creating a work life that is all about Being Flex, Being Connected, Being Well, Being Empowered, and Being Valued. And we keep innovating and evolving our employee experience based on what we hear directly from our team members because we strive to be the absolute best place to work.
So, let’s recap, what to expect if you were to work at H+K:
- Nice, passionate colleagues and a supportive work culture
- Flexible work modes program, where you can choose whether you work from home, work from the office, or a mix of both – a completely hybrid, distributed workforce
- Exciting clients and apps to stretch up and across to grow within the company
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing, industry-best benefits, such as
- Comprehensive and inclusive health, dental, vision, and mental healthcare
- Back-up care paid parental leave (16-week maternity leave!), and other family solutions
- Retirement savings and student loan refinancing partner options
- Incredibly good vacation and wellness time off, no matter your level
- Plus, other engaging employee programming, such as
- Ally and Mentorship program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Experience committees
- And, worth mentioning, frequent happy hours and gatherings
Most importantly! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, H+K Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
COME JOIN US!