Vice President Corporate Affairs and Advisory, Financial Communications and Investor Relations
Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Advisory, Financial Communications and Investor Relations
The VP/, Corporate Affairs and Advisory, Financial Communications and Investor Relations will serve as the lead specialist practitioner, working with some of the world’s largest and most important brands to effectively communicate their special situations, financial matters and investment thesis to U.S. investors, analysts, media, and other corporate stakeholders.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the capital markets and a thorough understanding of key metrics for publicly traded companies.
The position requires a hands-on approach with clients across a broad range of communications activities inclusive of strategic planning, messaging and positioning, and engagement with analysts, conferences, media, and more.
In addition to supporting existing clients, the position plays an important role in business development, with the ideal candidate able to serve as a subject matter expert and shape a point of view on financial communications for prospective clients.
The role will report into the EVP of U.S. Corporate Affairs.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Head of Investor Relations, and other members of the C-suite
- Adept in reading and interpreting financial statements including income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements as well as filing requirements
- Experienced with all facets of the public offering process for NYSE and NASDAQ listings
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to provide value added contributions to key financial communications including quarterly reports, investor conference call scripts and presentations, annual reports, 10-Ks, and other financial and regulatory filings
- Ability to recommend and direct placement of key executives at important financial conferences and events
- Experience in working with top tier financial and business media across print, digital, and broadcast
- Familiarity with buy and sell side analysts and firms
- 10-15 years of experience in buy or sell side research, investor relations within a publicly traded company, or with a financial communications or investor relations specialist agency
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in economics, finance, or accounting
- MBA preferred
- Agency experience a plus
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.