Earned Media Strategist
The H+K Strategies team is looking for a dynamic Earned Media Strategist with strong earned expertise to join our Toronto team.
This role will be responsible for providing counsel on earned media strategies to clients and team leads. The successful candidate will be innovative in their approach to traditional media relations and have a deep passion for all things earned media.
The H+K Strategies team is looking for a talented Earned Media Strategist with strong earned experience and a passion for pitching. This growing team is fast paced and cares deeply about doing great work for our clients.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in earned media, with the ability to relentlessly pursue coverage and strong existing contacts within the national media, as well as experience in placing tailored, relevant stories with top-tier, opinion-forming media.
The candidate should be confident developing earned-first strategies to reach the right audiences and create compelling content, with a 360 view and understanding of the media landscape and how to successfully pitch stories across all media verticals (consumer lifestyle, business, trade etc.)
We are looking for someone who is both a self-starter and a team player – motivated to deliver results but also able to work effectively with colleagues and teams across the country.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
- Proven experience in earned media relations; a track record of success placing stories with national print, digital and broadcast outlets
- Ability to develop and execute strong, earned media strategies that incorporate industry best practices helping to move the needle for our clients
- Provide clients with audience-centric and earned media landscape analysis and guidance
- 4-7 years of communications/PR experience either agency or in-house; agency experience preferred
- Sector experience in food + beverage alcohol, retail + leisure as asset
- Results oriented – don’t stop until you deliver results
- Takes initiative; doesn’t wait to be told
- Supervising and contributing to all campaign measurement including influencer activities, media monitoring, data analytics and reporting on all projects
- Ability to train and mentor other team members
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.