Health Senior Consultant
H+K is a leading public relations and public affairs agency, always in beta and always changing. We are a global agency structured around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas including data+analytics, creative, content+publishing, and public affairs. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
We currently have an opening on for a Health + Wellness Consultant/Senior Consultant (depending on years of experience) based out of Toronto or Montreal. We are looking for a candidate with familiarity in pharmaceutical communications, the ability to build relationships with clients, stakeholders and media, and ideally bilingual.
Take your career to the next level with a global network of energized experts, working across a diverse roster of pharmaceutical, health provider, consumer health and non-profit clients. Sensitive to the needs of health professionals, patients, policymakers, and advocates alike, our seasoned specialists have a proven track record of building awareness amongst patients and consumers, changing behaviour, influencing policy decisions and driving business results through integrated campaigns leveraging traditional and digital media channels.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contributing to meaningful campaigns that improve the health and wellness of campaigns, whether it be an unbranded disease awareness campaign, a new product launch or advocating for a policy change
- Participating in the development of campaign strategy, digital content, media materials and client messaging
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in devising media strategy; garnering placements and maintaining relationships with key media contacts
- Crafting thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on a broad understanding of the health, communications and client landscapes
- Developing compelling communications materials including white papers, op-eds, talking points, press releases and other content
- Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel our client objectives
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
- Developing and executing comprehensive strategic communications and stakeholder engagement activities that support our client’s business objectives – from disease awareness to product launches
- Owning earned media strategy and execution; building and maintaining effective relationships with key media contacts
- Mentoring and working alongside a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic PR professionals across the country within a globally influential agency
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness program, and more
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- Integrated practice bringing together public relations, public affairs and content and publishing
- Undergraduate degree
- 4-8 years’ public relations experience with prior agency/consulting experience
- Pharmaceutical/bioscience experience a must; hospital systems/provider experience desired
- Client service minded with the ability to establish, grow and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts; able to function as a trusted resource and counselor
- Subject matter expert with strong working knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends and relevant media contacts
- Superb writing ability with a keen eye for detail (proven ability to write content, communications plans, executive messaging, etc.)
- Understanding of ASC and PAAB requirements
- Passion for storytelling and health and wellness of Canadians
- Ideally, bilingual (English and French)
- Strong earned media skills; track record of success developing media relations strategy, established media contacts and the ability to develop and nurture new ones
- Collaborative approach to working with a team across different geographies; positive influence capable of motivating staff to produce excellence
- Strong business acumen with a track record of success managing budgets and delivering projects on time and on budget
- Excellent communications, organizational and project management skills
- Interest in public affairs and health policy
- Fluent in all tools of MSFT Office, with exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.