Senior Creative Strategist - Senior Account Director equiv
Senior Creative Strategist, Innovation + Creativity – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 202 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 202 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. Whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry. Our Innovation + Creativity Hub is a space where an uncommon blend of specialists collaborate at the heart of our agency and work across an enviable client list of global brands.
We have a very clear blueprint and process to applying our creativity across our business and across our Innovation + Creative hubs. What we call Applied Creativity. As part of the process, we have clear seven-step data and insight-led process. It runs from the brief, audience mapping, the development of insights leading to an actionable cause and story arcs across different audience types (from regulatory, investor, consumer to government) and then onto the development of content + publishing strategies and iterative measurement system.
This process is applied consistently through the agency, across countries, sectors and teams; when everyone’s applying it, it becomes very powerful. Concurrent working along with a shared language and a shared approach leads to an easily shared understanding of problems and opportunities and the ability to apply creativity effectively.
In addition to our I+C hubs we also have global network of 18 Studios supporting our business with design and production expertise.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving as the creative strategy brain power across the agency’s most significant creative opportunities
- Research: Whether through primary or secondary, knowing what questions and hypotheses will get you to the stickiest insights is crucial. You’ll often partner with our Behavioural Science and Data specialists, so should know how to provide a sharp research brief and/or be able to dive in alongside them and help where needed.
- Insight development: You’ll learn our process and become a master of it – especially in the realm of insights. You should have experience in writing fresh insights based on research, industry knowledge, human behaviour and other stimuli that lead to great work.
- Ideation: Our Creative Strategists bridge the distance between strategy and creative and are able come up with platforms, campaigns, tactics, messaging as part of their contribution.
- New Business: You’ll have experience in leading strategies that make for winning pitch proposals.
- Strategic foundations with a heavy creative lean
- Agile enough to work across several accounts/brands at the same time; from corporate to consumer with A creative spirit that can be applied to any kind of brief
- Persistent and vocal, not afraid to speak up and give a POV whilst being highly collaborative but also okay to fly solo with the ability to nurture junior talent
- Even if you haven’t worked in PR before you’ll need a nose for earned first thinking and ideas that travel
- A culture-first thinker with a passion for exploring the world around us and how people, brands and business interact with it
- Stellar writing and presentation skills to write up an approach, insights, or creative frameworks easily and should be able to present comfortably to senior internal teams as well as clients.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com