Energy + Industrials- Intern
H+K is an international communications agency and was the first large agency to structure itself around industry sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge. This is supported by specialist areas including ideas, creativity, strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, to reinvent their capabilities and to set new standards in the industry.
We have an opportunity for an intern to join our Energy, Industrials, Mobility + Transport sector. A 30-strong team, we work at the heart of the most fundamental issues facing business and society; from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure; from accelerating the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and catalysing a circular economy we create compelling communications that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
As an intern, you’lll join our growing practice with the opportunity to work on client account teams with leading UK and global brands. The successful candidates will have a passion for communications, the media, current affairs and business issues.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO….
- Is interested in current affairs and the energy and industrials sector and how these sectors will shape the future of business and society
- Has an interest in the wider policy and stakeholder environment around issues like climate change, regulation and sustainability can impact our clients’ operating environment
- Has strong writing and communications skills
- Passionate about media – curious and proactive in informing themselves and their opinions
- Ability to deliver research across a wide range of topics and provide thoughtful, actionable insights to boot
- An understanding of digital and social media
- Attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Press office and media relations experience where possible
WORK WE ARE PROUD OF
- Developing and launching Net Zero Teeside, the UK’s most significant carbon, capture, utilisation and storage project
- Activating global thought leadership campaigns for an international trade association working at the heart of the energy transition
- Leading the national conversation on energy efficiency with Smart Energy GB, activating national creative campaigns to drive awareness around the rollout of smart meters in the UK
- Supporting the Ellen McArthur Foundation with media relations campaigns around some of the world’s most pressing sustainability issues
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop your communications career within a full-service and internationally networked PR consultancy with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- The opportunity to work on huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- The opportunity to hone your skills across media relations, public affairs, corporate communications, social media and content generation
- Breadth of learning opportunities working across the H+K business with our experts in areas such as consumer brands, internal comms, crisis + issues management, behavioural science and digital and content production
- Be part of a close-knit, highly motivated team, where culture matters, creativity is encouraged, and engagement and cooperation are common values
- Our dedicated, industry-leading training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development
H+K is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and we always consider flexible working arrangements.