Content + Publishing Strategist - Social Media (AD)
Content + Publishing Strategist - Social Media (Account Director level)
Content & Publishing Hub
We’re looking for a social media specialist to join the Content & Publishing team and work across some of our largest B2B and B2C clients in the agency. The successful candidate will take the lead on developing best in class content and social strategies and programmes for new and existing clients, as well as providing sound client counsel and advice on all things content strategy and best practice. This role will have a primary focus on some of our largest clients in the financial and professional services sector such as HSBC therefore some experience working with financial and professional services clients would be preferred.
You will have proven editorial and social content skills and be a great storyteller with an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience. You will also have the ability to lead, inspire and upskill teams to achieve stand out work, with the ability to intuitively understand what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
You will have strong technical knowledge of web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms. You will be able to evangelise the content culture within the agency, with the ability to demonstrate great powers of persuasion and presentation. You will know how to root strategies in data & analytics to drive measurable results, and will have experience executing campaigns across platforms. You must be able to explain technical issues and platform nuances with clarity to your peers and wider team members, and will partner with client leads to open new revenue streams across the practice.
This role would suit a creatively minded practitioner with proven experience in delivering digital B2B and corporate reputation campaigns as well as B2C, with experience in an agency environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to explain technical issues with clarity in a non-technical way, plus intellectual and creative curiosity to drive results.
You will support client teams through strategic planning, ideation, aggregation and delivery of content across owned, earned, shared and paid channels to drive client business, support lead generation and build brands and reputations.
- Provide counsel to clients and lead insight driven content strategies for current and new clients, championing creative work that will work across all channels
- Lead and develop best in class content strategy for core clients and ensure best practice across community management, social engagement, website and SEO
- Ensure all content is of the highest quality in relation to the brief, acting as core line of approval before being shared externally
- Understand our clients’ competitive landscape and make informed recommendations regarding emerging and new technologies
- Work with client teams to help define the scope and approach for major projects for clients and where necessary help structure and present recommendations
- Drive escalation of knowledge within the agency, continuously focus efforts on developing and enhancing the skills and capabilities of teams through a B2B lens, as well as working with other content and publishing leads across the agency globally to share key learnings and upskill sector teams
- Provide recommendations and insight for growth strategies for clients, identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- A strong analytical understanding (including comprehensive usage of web and social analytics) and the ability to intuitively understand what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- Solid working knowledge of digital channels/ social media platforms and how they can be used to generate, host and engage audiences with creative content
- Ability to generate digital ideas that deliver cut through to target audiences and within the social media space
- Extensive content strategy development experience, ideally gained within an agency environment
- Ability to explain technical issues with clarity in a non-technical way
- Interest in, and understanding of, business issues, news and politics, the media and the world around you in general
- Ambition, drive, and commitment to great results
- Attention to detail
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop your career within a full-service and internationally networked communications consultancy with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- The opportunity to develop your skills across the wider sector portfolio
- A fascinating integrated communications role within a dynamic and talented team
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
- Work on, shape, and deliver huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Subsidised on-site bar
- Employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and covering statement to Sarah Fell, Head of Talent Acquisition to [email protected]