- Project / event Management
- Executes public relations activities for client with an increasing role in direct client involvement.
- One-to-two years in agency or equivalent
- Ability to write basic documents (i.e. pitch letters, press releases, etc.)
- Understands basic principles of public relations and relevant client industries
- Possesses judgement skills necessary for client contact
- Has knowledge of media and how it functions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on a range of public relations/public affairs activities including:
- event planning/organization
- logistical support within one or more account teams
- Represents client(s) to the media and manages aspects of media relations, including news conferences, promotions, product launches, editorial board meetings, etc.
- Exhibits knowledge of print and broadcast production process; ability to deal with designers, producers, and other specialists.
- Begins to build relationships with clients by demonstrating a clear understanding in their business and industries.
- Implement & execute client events.
- Oversees workflow of Account Coordinators and Interns.
- Achieves personal monthly utilization targets.
- Assists in monthly budget process as assigned, i.e. drafting monthly and/or weekly budget status reports as part of budget tracking process, reviewing vendor invoices as they arrive, etc.
- Begins to understand H&K financial systems (JSRs, Estimators, forecasting budgets, etc.).
- Identifies incremental business opportunities on current accounts and shares same information with appropriate supervisor.
- Continuously looking for new business opportunities for H&K.
- Assists in researching and responding to RFPs and other inquiries from clients and/or new business proposals.
- Continues to expand knowledge, understanding and use of H&K infrastructure resources (HK.net, etc.), utilizes them on a routine basis and ensures subordinates do the same.
- Begins to build a strong network of industry and media contacts.
- Pursues every career development opportunity related to his/her own career advancement.
- Participates in H&K training program.
- Attends one networking event per month.
- Projects a positive image of H&K at all times.
Any additional works assigned by company.