JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT: LEVEL 1
REPORT TO: REGIONAL FINANCE CONTROLLER
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team.
Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices. If you have an Accounting degree and are interested in gaining experience in bookkeeping procedures, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Bank reconciliation
- Reconciling invoices and identifying discrepancies
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Issue invoices to clients
- Providing administrative support to the team- filing/ scanning/ photocopying, etc.
- Minimum Experience Required: 1-2 Years
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Graduate in Accounting, Finance or relevant field