Account Director - Better Impact
Account Director, Better Impact – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
Better Impact is H+K’s sustainability, ESG and social impact consulting team. We are focused on challenging and supporting companies, brands, and organisations to have a better impact on people and the planet.
Developing and implementing programmes of change, Better Impact helps organisations define relevance and drive impact in a fast-changing world. This includes strategic consulting and activation focused work across a broad range of topics and issues.
Better Impact has a strong and diverse set of existing clients across a range of sectors. This includes leading brands, NGOs, financial institutions, and global banks, as just few examples. The team is seeing strong growth, and this is reflected more widely across H+K as an agency.
Issues the team are covering on any day include climate change and reducing environmental impact, sustainable consumption and the circular economy, social and societal issues like social isolation and access to shelter, sustainable supply chains, diversity equity and inclusion, ESG policy performance and strategy, right through to policy, disclosure, and corporate governance.
Led by Managing Director, Chris Pratt, the existing team of five, includes a core group of multi-disciplinary senior consultants. They work across both dedicated Better Impact clients on specialist assignments and collaborate with H+K’s sector teams to support clients across the wider agency. The team is also helping strengthen the broader capabilities of H+K in contributing to the sustainability and social impact agenda.
Ways Better Impact works across H+K as an agency include:
- A contributor and advisor to work with existing clients, especially on communications focused assignments.
- An originator of work involving specialist services, in close collaboration with the industry sector teams.
- A team building capacity and understanding of sustainability and social issues across our UK business.
- An incubator for many of the agency’s new product and service offerings.
- An advocate for change within our business.
Better Impact is a key area of growth for the company globally, and an area of investment and strategic focus.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the team to manage, run and grow the existing portfolio of work, servicing both UK and global clients. There will also be opportunity to help expand the existing offer – in terms of relevance and service offers – and collaborating with teams across H+K.
- Help the team as a whole support the growing demand for its expertise and will work closely with a Director and two Senior Associate Directors.
- Manage day-to-day work with clients and will hold the pen writing proposals with support from your senior colleagues. The team is highly collaborative, non-hierarchical and the successful candidates will be supported in future growth and development within their role.
- At least 5 years’ experience across the fields of sustainability, ESG and / or social impact. This could be gained in a professional services firm, a sustainability change focused agency or not for profit, through to an in-house sustainability, ESG, policy or social impact focused role.
- Delivered sustainability or impact related strategy work for business, not for profits or government.
- Strong critical thinking skills and experience of helping clients better understand sustainability or social issues.
- Experience of creating and building partnerships, programmes, or campaigns to tackle sustainability and / or social issues.
- A proven record of client consulting (for either internal or external stakeholder) is essential and contributing to winning new business desirable.
- Some understanding of the use and application of ESG metrics and frameworks to evaluate performance, and some experience supporting clients to implement ESG metrics to deliver change.
- Knowledge of individuals and institutions that are leading the sustainability and social agenda and experience or contacts with key institutions desirable.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks desirable.
- Clients + Growth
- Support the leadership of the Better Impact practice as trusted advisers to senior clients, providing advice and insight, guidance and creativity to meet client requirements.
- Support the growth and development of sector account teams across the wider business on relevant accounts to ensure operational competence and quality control.
- Support and help to drive new business growth on client accounts and help with new business development
- A passion for sustainability and / or social impact, and interest in developing and enhancing the knowledge, skills and capabilities of the other teams across the business.
- Manage client teams and expand revenue channels, growing existing client business into new areas.
- Demonstrate a high-performance culture and encouraging collaborative working practices
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com