Vice President, Creative Strategy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is looking for a Vice President, Creative Strategy to become an accelerant and catalyst. Working with the Innovation and Creativity Hub and Studio teams, the selected candidate will help H+K become a leading creative, strategic and innovation hub for our clients and broader network.
As a Creative Strategist, you’re able to dissect a client’s brief to clearly articulate the objectives and develop clear insights built on data, analytics and instinct. You lead research, test ideas and develop brand and campaign strategies – as well as executions sometimes. You’re both a leader and a doer. You’re an experienced visionary with the responsibility of ensuring that the execution supports the strategy. You’re a highly creative thinker and an influential collaborator. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty in the nitty gritty creation of innovative programs, but you’re also able to zoom out to see the big picture. You’re always happy to offer a POV, but you’re also the best listener in the room, knowing that’s the best way to spot a powerful insight or opportunity.
And to top it all off, you’re someone who can attend any client meeting across any industry to help demonstrate the role of H+K’s creative offering. Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Leading and interpreting research, data + analytics to provide informed trends, insights and brand value propositions that inspire creative teams
- Serving as a true collaborator, crafting creative briefs for integrated campaigns by working closely with the creative and data analytics team to ensure brand strategy and positioning is right from the start.
- Advocating H+K’s capabilities with new and existing clients; demonstrating how innovative, channel neutral ideas and experiences, informed by data + strategy, can connect brands with their public better than ever before
- Establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders to support the creative offering.
- Serving as a spokesperson for how creative strategy is a driving force for innovation in our client work and within H+K
- Passion, tenacity, and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best.
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
What you’ll need to get here:
- You must have a minimum of 10-12 years of agency experience with a proven track record of success leading brand planning/creative strategy for integrated campaigns within the evolving digital landscape
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work across multiple industry sectors and teams, both internal and external
- Ability to understand and interpret research + data analytics to determine key audience insights and develop sound business strategies and smart creative that is informed and aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Team player able to collaborate effectively with our research group, client and creative teams to develop messaging that brings our stories to life, connecting successfully with the target audience
- Superb business development skills; able to present to clients and internal stakeholders with charisma and passion; effectively selling in the importance of creative strategy.
- Management experience with the ability to lead and inspire a team.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Inc. is an international communications consultancy, providing services to local, multinational, and global clients. H+K operates in more than 70 offices in nearly 40 countries worldwide, as well as an extensive associate network, delivering award-winning campaigns to clients across all sectors and disciplines and with a focus on continued innovation for the industry. Headquartered in New York, the firm is part of WPP, one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
For more information about H+K, click here, follow us on Twitter here, like us on Facebook here, and follow us on LinkedIn here