Influencer Strategist - Innovation + Creative
Influencer Strategist, Innovation + Creative Team – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. Whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry. Our Innovation + Creative Hub is a space where an uncommon blend of specialists collaborate at the heart of our agency and work across an enviable client list of global brands.
We have a very clear blueprint and process to applying our creativity across our business and across our Innovation + Creative hubs. What we call Applied Creativity. As part of the process, we have clear seven-step data and insight-led process. It runs from the brief, audience mapping, the development of insights leading to an actionable cause and story arcs across different audience types (from regulatory, investor, consumer to government) and then onto the development of content + publishing strategies and iterative measurement system.
This process is applied consistently through the agency, across countries, sectors and teams; when everyone’s applying it, it becomes very powerful. Concurrent working along with a shared language and a shared approach leads to an easily shared understanding of problems and opportunities and the ability to apply creativity effectively.
In addition to our I+C hubs we also have global network of 18 Studios supporting our business with design and production expertise.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide counsel to clients and lead insight driven influencer strategies for current and new clients, championing creative work that will work across all channels but with a focus on influencer activation
- This role will have a primary focus on consumer brand clients including Ford and P&G, therefore experience in consumer-facing clients is important
- Lead and develop best in class influencer strategy for core clients and ensure best practice is implemented across social media and influencer marketing – including creating data-led, innovative and channel specific influencer strategies
- Leading on influencer identification, negotiation and contracting, campaign measurement
- Understand our clients’ competitive landscape and make informed recommendations about the evolution of the influencer industry
- Work with client teams to help define the scope and approach for major projects for clients, structure and present recommendations
- Drive escalation of knowledge within the agency, continuously focus efforts on developing and enhancing the skills and capabilities of teams as well as working with other content and publishing leads across the agency globally to share key learnings and upskill sector teams.
- Provide insight and recommendations for growth strategies for clients, identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion.
- You will support client teams through strategic planning, ideation, and delivery of influencer-led content across owned, earned, shared and paid channels to drive client business, support lead generation and build brands and reputations.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Knowledgeable about the world of content creators – who the big names are, what channels they live on, how they reach their audiences, how they work with brands.
- A strong analytical understanding (including comprehensive usage of web and social analytics) and the ability to intuitively understand what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Solid working knowledge of digital channels/ social media platforms and how they can be used to generate, host and engage audiences with creative content.
- Extensive influencer strategy development experience, ideally gained within an agency environment.
- Ability to explain technical issues with clarity in a non-technical way.
- Attention to detail.
- You will know how to root strategies in data & analytics to drive measurable results and will have experience executing campaigns across platforms and the marketing mix. You will have a deep understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms, influencer marketing, best practices and how audiences engage online, and must be able to explain technical issues and platform nuances with clarity to wider team members.
- As a specialist within our central Innovation + Creative Hub, this role will see you partnering with our different sectors and client teams to deliver influencer marketing expertise and realise new opportunities
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
- Additional wellness days off for active commuting
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com