Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for a conscientious, discreet, and experienced Administrative Assistant to join our growing Administrative Team. The successful applicant will provide support to our dynamic Toronto office as well as other members of the firm’s teams across H+K Canada. The Administrative Assistant will also contribute to broader organizational activities such as staff meetings and internal committees that foster positive company culture and team building.
We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy, and passion for keeping people/things organized.
Here is what you would be doing:
Administrative Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helps produce high quality and high impact documents (reports, presentations, proposals, etc.) using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Process and coordinate internal and external gift requests
- Assist with monthly expense claim reconciliation.
- Assist with processing of vendor invoices, and other accounting matters, including timesheet support.
- Books conference calls, taxis, couriers, hotels, etc.
- Works with other administrative staff to establish best practises, coordinated internal processes, and supports each other as required.
- Collaborates with others nationally, makes meaningful connections with others.
- Actively supports H+K internal programs.
Client Account Coordination Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively supports H+K internal programs. This includes assisting teams maintain client trackers; client invoicing (drafting cover letters, confirming POs, confirming invoice amounts, etc.)
- Liaise on behalf of the account teams with internal H+K departments for new vendor requests, new job code requests.
- Assist with drafting SOWs, master supplier agreements, standard agreements, etc.; liaise with internal Contracts department for review and to ensure compliance.
- Provide support to client account teams as needed.
Due to COVID-19, the following duties + responsibilities will apply when we are back in the office environment:
- Coordinates team meetings and ensures all meetings are organized from scheduling, to printed materials, location logistics, food, beverage and more.
- Manages miscellaneous duties including filing (electronic and hard copy), scanning, photocopying, courier, and mail.
- Helps book travel arrangements.
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package
- A career working with Canada’s leading public, private and not-for-profit sector organizations.
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- 3-5 years of proven administrative experience and preference will be given to those candidates that have agency experience.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Proven ability to work independently with little supervision.
- A natural problem solver
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to meet internal deadlines.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive service orientation with ability to take ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Solid experience with office management systems – MS Office, OneDrive, and Teams
- Flexibility regarding working hours to meet deadlines.
- An interest in internal communications and being engaged in workplace culture.
- A client-obsessed attitude held accountable to results and drive to succeed.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational, and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.