Senior Vice President, Financial+Professional Services
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a confident and dynamic Senior Vice President to join our Financial+Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading high-performing communications teams driving new opportunities across a diverse range of influential clients, who are committed to flawless execution and quantifiable results.
The Communications world is often divided between advisers and doers. You must be both. You must be capable of providing C-suite executives unique insights and problem-solving guidance while still working closely with your team to develop and execute campaigns. You must be able to manage people and effectively maintain your accounts, managing all administrative and financial aspects of the work. This vice president will also serve as a leader in the firm, and to internal teams – reaching beyond client work, providing cross team leadership and mentorship.
By its nature, Communications is a social and persuasive activity. From a new business pitch to the day-to-day account work, you must be confident in your ability to engage and persuade challenging individuals that your advisory guidance and tactical skills are worthy of their investment.
The ideal candidate brings public relations agency experience with a focus and a record of accomplishment in the financial and professional services sector, particularly within banking, financial reporting, accounting insurance and real estate. This leader will boast a robust portfolio of work, having led campaigns and helped clients navigate numerous communications challenges and opportunities including: executive communications, transactional communications, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership, corporate reputation, crisis communications and financial communications.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing account strategy and counsel, generating fresh, smart ideas and leading campaigns
- Developing strong and trusted relationships with clients as the team lead on several key accounts
- Implementing comprehensive strategic communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Crafting thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on a broad understanding of corporate communications and client landscapes
- Developing campaign strategy, client messaging and thought leadership programs
- Driving growth on existing clients and identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Directly managing, mentoring and working alongside a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic PR professionals
- Creating and executing influencer strategies; managing earned media relations and influencer engagement projects and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality
Attributes + Qualifications:
- 8-10+ years of public relations agency experience (or combined agency + in-house)
- High level business media relations strategy and execution experience with relevant contacts
- Portfolio of work in the financial and professional services sector; experience in accounting, banking, real estate and insurance preferred
- Proven trusted client adviser: an active listener who builds strong partnerships and confidently offers counsel
- Strategic thinker: understands our clients’ business and communications challenges and develops smart, insight-driven strategies
- Creative spark: brings a fresh perspective to our clients and develops ideas that challenge conventions
- Growth mindset: actively seeks opportunities to drive organic growth; proactively seeks new business leads and has a history of leading and winning pitches
- Passionate: Lives and breathes the client’s business. Understands the client’s pain points. Is an abstract thinker. Understands the relationship between two disparate pieces of information. Is curious, questions the status quo, and is and an avid consumer of information.
- Operationally savvy: experienced at effectively managing multiple accounts and client budgets
- People-centric: committed to the development of team members through active coaching and mentoring
- Progressive mind-set: interested in evolving communications and the role of PR within the Marketing mix; brave enough to try new approaches and adopt new technologies and willing to take calculated risks to do better and more meaningful work
- Strong and wide grasp of all things social & digital media; knowledge of how to use social media platforms to their maximum benefit with an understanding of how to identify and leverage influencers
- Energy and passion to contribute to and help foster a fun, collaborative and thriving business culture remotely across local and national teams
What the role can offer you:
- The ability to work for an iconic, established agency with a ‘start up’ mentality and approach to business
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, training and professional development opportunities and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and large, well known client brands
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills to become your professional best
- The opportunity to join the H+K leadership team representing one of the best PR brands in the market
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.