Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager, Financial+Professional Services
H+K Strategies is searching for a talented Senior Account Manager, Financial+Professional Services to join our Chicago-based team. This is a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional by working across a diverse portfolio of influential clients within a dynamic, global agency.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the financial+professional services sector and a track record of success developing and executing strategic communications campaigns, earned media expertise and a client-obsessed mindset to deliver results and superior client service.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leveraging top-tier media relationships to drive successful earned media outcomes for clients
- Providing clients with informed recommendations based on a true understanding of, and changes within, the media landscape
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with client contacts
- Planning and executing strategic executive communications programs
- Contributing superb writing abilities in the creation of bylines and other long-form content
- Working closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, impactful clients and innovative account teams
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years’ experience in strategic communications/public relations; experience working with clients in the financial and professional services sector; agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of success planning and executing executive communications programs that meet client business objectives
- Earned media expertise with the ability to develop media strategy and secure earned media coverage for clients; existing relationships with key B2B media
- Strong understanding of the media landscape; proactive in tracking relevant changes in the media and the ability to make recommendations/share insight with client contacts based on those changes
- Enthusiasm for working as a leader within a team, managing and upskilling junior staff while modeling corporate culture values
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with client contacts
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Passion, integrity and excitement for the H+K brand
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.