Associate Director - Energy & Industrials
H+K ENERGY + INDUSTRIALS SECTOR | Associate Director
H+K is looking to recruit an established Associate Director to join our award-winning Energy + Industrials practice, a thriving practice of more than 30 comms specialists in London.
The team works on issues that range from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure and the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and waste and much beyond. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio of clients both in terms of core businesses, and target audiences.
DESIRED RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
We are looking to recruit a well-rounded, well-connected Associate Director with experience in the Energy + Industrials sector to lead client mandates and help us grow the practice in the UK and globally.
The ideal candidate will understand the policy, sustainability, regulatory and public engagement context in the UK shaping the operating environment of clients in the energy, utilities, oil & gas, renewables and/or industrials and manufacturing sectors.
We are looking for someone who has media experience and is comfortable advising clients on their media strategy and delivery, as well as managing corporate reputation and handling media issues.
You’ll know how to thrive in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities. Big brand and agency experience are a plus, while knowledge of the energy and industrials sector is a must have.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Client leadership – Being a trusted advisor to senior clients; able to set strategies and lead teams to deliver;
- Excellent communications and media experience gained delivering multi-disciplinary corporate, B2B and stakeholder campaigns;
- A strategic thinker with a strong understanding of the UK political and policy landscape and a strong understanding of energy and industrials sector;
- Commercially-savvy, with the ability to proactively drive new business development and deliver organic growth
- A confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors;
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- Exposure to globally recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- Employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic self. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.