Midweight UX/UI Designer
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
Our business combines 10 vertical sectors focused on deep industry knowledge, with an evolving number of specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. One of those specialist areas of expertise is our Studio. We have a network of Studios around the globe.
About The Studio
As we develop communications campaigns for our clients across the earned, owned, paid and shared spaces, we turn to the creative and design expertise in the Studio to help breathe life into our ideas. From the creation of a new identity, to a full-length documentary, to a digital content hub, to the latest interactive experience, the Studio creates the content that carries our stories to audiences around the globe.
What we are looking for
The H+K Studio is looking for a multidisciplinary UX/UI Designer who not only loves design, but can also think strategically to help develop the framework behind a successful interactive experience. The ideal candidate is someone who loves the craft and discipline of UX strategy and design and is eager to continue to develop and grow their creative talents.
The role suits the open-minded; you may be consulting on IA strategy one day, designing a website the next, and working on an infographic or social post the following day. Reporting into our Design Director alongside creatives, AV team, copywriters, developers and strategists to produce engaging content.
Within this role you’ll be exposed to a variety of opportunities and will be required to use your creative skills and strategic thinking to deliver excellent design for a broad range of clients. Working as part of an integrated team, you’ll be an excellent communicator, good at juggling multiple projects and have enthusiasm for raising the bar with your work.
- Curious, creative and pro-active
- Smart, direct and a clear communicator
- A UX/UI/IA design specialist
- Collaborating with web developers, researchers, creative strategists, copywriters and behavioral scientists
- A strategic thinker who can apply a deep understanding of a client’s business objectives
- An optimist that’s calm under pressure
- Multi-task master
- Attention to detail obsessive
- Typography nerd
- Digital and social native
- Adobe Creative Cloud pro with a discerning eye for art direction and image selection
- Fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of working
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- A cultural sponge
- Digital design trend guru
- Collaborating with creative and client team leaders to develop smart audience profiles, user journeys and information architecture
- Building wireframes and prototypes that help stakeholders visualize an overarching UX strategy
- Working closely with Design Directors, Art Directors and Strategists to produce attention grabbing designs for web, email and social
- Partnering with our web developers to guide execution and performs QA testing
- Creating work that’s engaging, liked and shared
- Pulling design and cultural references to define ideas and support concepts
- Promoting a creative culture across the agency
- Packed with initiative, accountable and dependable
- Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft PowerPoint and Mac
- Responsive design
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and Google analytics and how they inform UX strategy
- Understanding of accessible design and ADA compliance implementation
- UX Design / creative qualification
- Experience of working on global brands
- 3+ years’ experience in fast-paced, integrated agency environment
Benefits for permanent employees include: