Public Relations Senior Consultant, Technology
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a dynamic Senior Consultant to join our Toronto team. This represents an exciting opportunity to manage and execute programs for some of the most well-respected and compelling technology brands in Canada, across a range of verticals including virtualization, cloud computing, telecommunications, enterprise software, business services and more.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with an excellent track record of providing smart client counsel and ability to take the lead on large, integrated communications programs. You have experience working with B2B technology brands and have an appetite for learning about what’s new and notable in enterprise technology, with a talent for breaking down difficult concepts into succinct storylines. We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for the H+K brand and our clients.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Being part of a team that provides strategic recommendations, generates fresh, smart ideas and provides counsel for a portfolio of influential technology companies
- Serving as a subject matter expert in enterprise and B2B technology, understanding our client’s business and helping to shape the narrative promoting that story with their target audience
- Leading earned media strategy, building and maintaining relationships with key media contacts, identifying creative storylines and successfully securing earned media coverage across technology trade, industry vertical and business press
- Contributing to digital/social and thought leadership strategy and program execution
- Helping oversee junior team members, delegating tasks, executing client initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential technology companies
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- 5-7 years’ experience in a communications role (prior agency/consulting experience a must)
- Experience working with B2B technology clients; enterprise experience an asset
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Natural curiosity and genuine passion for storytelling
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a passion for the technology space
- Strong media relations skills with a proven track record of success building and maintaining journalist relationships and securing earned media coverage
- Ability to provide strategy/execute on creative content and influencer programs; able to create compelling digital content across a variety of channels with knowledge of how to best distribute and optimize the performance of that content
- Superb project management skills with the ability to work independently and move campaigns forward from concept to execution
- Excellent writing abilities; able to tell a story across various platforms with a clear message and brand voice
- Client service focus with strong account management skills; ability to build trust and rapport with client contacts, track budgets and satisfy deliverables to the highest standards
- People management skills with the ability to delegate, prioritize and help keep junior staff motivated and on task
- High attention to detail
- True team player with a can-do mindset and positive attitude
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.