Account Director - Energy & Industrial
H+K ENERGY + INDUSTRIALS SECTOR | Account Director
After several years of growth, H+K London’s Energy + Industrials sector is looking to recruit an Account Director to join our thriving team of 30 consultants. You will help lead client mandates, drive new business and support the development of the sector offering while part of a team working with an incredible portfolio of clients.
Our client portfolio sits at the heart of the most fundamental issues facing business and society; from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure; from accelerating the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and catalysing a circular economy we create compelling communications that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
Our team experience spans traditional energy, renewable energy, power and utilities, transport, logistics, manufacturing and industrial tech. For our clients we provide corporate and public affairs counsel as well as strategic reputation and issues management advice, integrated campaigns, digital and media relations, stakeholder engagement, content marketing programmes and consumer behaviour change campaigns. The work is by definition international, though we work mainly on the UK and European aspects of communications for clients.
We are a dynamic, friendly and collaborative team of 30, and some of our recent and current clients include: Shell, Hitachi, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Amcor, DS Smith, Net Zero Teeside, Honda, Ellen Macarthur Foundation and the Institute of Economics and Peace.
We are now looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated individual to play an active role leading existing client mandates and to help shape the future of the practice through new business, marketing and team development. You will have autonomy to lead FTSE100 client mandates with support from senior and junior colleagues, and will bring experience working with national and trade media.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner with a corporate or B2B background, with an interest in energy, sustainability and the UK’s ambitions to modernise and decarbonise its infrastructure and systems. While the ideal candidate will have experience in the energy industry, we are also interested in hearing from individuals with experience working in highly regulated or technical sectors where you’ve developed a nose for corporate and B2B storytelling.
While you may have some in-house experience, you’ll ideally bring consultancy and project management skills gained working in an agency environment. We are proud of our team culture, and being able to flex working styles to get the best out of people and deliver for clients is a big part of this role. You’ll know how to thrive in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities and will enjoy the commercial aspects that come with being part of a big agency team.
DESIRED RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communications experience gained delivering multi-disciplinary corporate, B2B and stakeholder campaigns;
- A strategic thinker with a strong interest in the UK and/or international policy landscape
- Digitally-savvy, with the ability to drive fully integrated campaigns and drive content and publishing strategy development across paid, owned, earned and shared channels;
- Some experience managing account teams and client budgets with a nose for profitability;
- A confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors;
- A proactive self-starter with an eye for identifying new business opportunities for existing clients and an appetite to get involved in growing the portfolio.
- Partnering with senior colleagues to lead sector and agency strategic mandates with significant budgets and programme scopes
- Act as the day-to-day lead on integrated client programmes, working at the heart of the energy transition
- Lead on quarterly and annual planning and review processes for clients, using feedback and insights to shape proactive ideas and campaigns
- Playing an active role with inbound new business pitches and proposals, as well as supporting sector MD and leadership team to drive organic growth within existing mandates
- Building and developing the skill set of junior team members
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- Exposure to globally recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- Employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic self. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.