Account Director - Energy & Industrial
Account Director, Energy + Industrials – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
Our client portfolio sits at the heart of the most fundamental issues facing business and society; from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure; from accelerating the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and catalysing a circular economy we create compelling communications that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
Our team experience spans traditional energy, renewable energy, power and utilities, transport, logistics, manufacturing, and industrial tech. For our clients we provide corporate and public affairs counsel as well as strategic reputation and issues management advice, integrated campaigns, digital and media relations, stakeholder engagement, content marketing programmes and consumer behaviour change campaigns. The work is by definition international, though we work mainly on the UK and European aspects of communications for clients.
We are a dynamic, friendly and collaborative team of 30; some of our recent and current clients include: Shell, Hitachi, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Amcor, DS Smith, Net Zero Teeside, Honda, Ellen Macarthur Foundation and the Institute of Economics and Peace.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partnering with senior colleagues to lead sector and agency strategic mandates with significant budgets and programme scopes
- Act as the day-to-day lead on integrated client programmes, working at the heart of the energy transition
- Lead on quarterly and annual planning and review processes for clients, using feedback and insights to shape proactive ideas and campaigns
- Playing an active role with inbound new business pitches and proposals, as well as supporting sector MD and leadership team to drive organic growth within existing mandates
- Building and developing the skill set of junior team members
- You will have autonomy to lead FTSE100 client mandates with support from senior and junior colleagues and will bring experience working with national and trade media.
- Excellent communications experience gained delivering multi-disciplinary corporate, B2B and stakeholder campaigns. With an interest in energy, sustainability, and the UK’s ambitions to modernise and decarbonise its infrastructure and systems.
- A strategic thinker with a strong interest in the UK and/or international policy landscape
- Digitally-savvy, with the ability to drive fully integrated campaigns and drive content and publishing strategy development across paid, owned, earned, and shared channels.
- Some experience managing account teams and client budgets with a nose for profitability and able to bring consultancy and project management skills gained working in an agency environment.
- A confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors.
- A proactive self-starter with an eye for identifying new business opportunities for existing clients and an appetite to get involved in growing the portfolio.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com