Content + Publishing Strategist (Healthcare + Pharma)
Role: Content + Publishing Strategist
Background to the role:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Our business combines 10 verticals focused on deep industry knowledge with a number of specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. Our specialist areas work together in seven Innovation + Creative Hubs around the world.
We would like to appoint a Content + Publishing Strategist (Healthcare) with a passion for storytelling, social media, and content strategy to join the team and take the lead on our healthcare and pharmaceutical clients.
Content + Publishing Strategist (Healthcare)
We’re looking for someone who is curious, creative, and open-minded. Someone to dig into the details as well as create overarching strategies. Someone to create campaigns, innovate on new solutions, and find new ways to identify and reach audiences.
Someone who wants to help some of the biggest health, wellness, and pharmaceutical brands tell engaging, educational, and important stories.
You’ll put storytelling at the heart of everything you do and ask questions. Lots of questions. You’ll understand that content is more than just a social post, be able to tell us what the most interesting brands and publishers are creating and highlight what’s good and what’s not.
We’re looking for someone who takes a data-driven approach to content creation and ideation, using data to refine ideas, spot opportunities, and create something unique. These ideas will need to sit within meaningful and impactful strategies that deliver awareness and advocacy for clients across earned, owned, paid and shared spaces.
The role will be client-facing, so you’ll be managing relationships within H+K and with clients and expected to present ideas and strategies clearly and simply.
● Passionate about the role communications plays in improving human health
● Able to demonstrate an interest in the healthcare sector, even without prior experience
● Able to simplify science and make information accessible to wider audiences
● Interested in what’s going on – from platform innovations to brand campaigns and new formats
● 5-7 years’ experience in content creation across earned, owned, paid and shared spaces; experience within a digital or social agency strongly preferred
● Deep knowledge and professional proficiency across all major social media and digital platforms with a knowledge and passion for following trends and emerging platforms
● Superb writing and editing skills; highly detail oriented
● Conscientious, and proven ability for time management
● Provide strategic, audience-centric content ideas and analysis to be translated into counsel for clients
● Build and manage executive communication campaigns and platforms and building thought leadership
● Offer creative ideas and strong long- and short-form copywriting skills
● Act as a client-facing manager, developing and executing content strategy campaigns with an emphasis on social
● Develop comprehensive social media strategies that incorporate industry best practices and are integrated and aligned with existing plans, influencer programs, media relations campaigns and more
● Work closely with designers and internal teams on social concepting and best practice publishing across all social channels
● Work well within collaborative, integrated teams; displaying a proven ability to manage junior staff, manage and adhere to timelines and budgets, anticipate issues and work towards solutions for complex problems
Confidential // © Hill+Knowlton Strategies 2021