Vice President, Mobility + Technology
The H+K team is looking for a Vice President to join our mobility and technology sectors. In this role, you will co-manage a US-based team serving a global automotive brand that is transforming into a tech powerhouse. The role presents an exciting opportunity to serve as a thought leader, designing and executing communications programs at a global scale.
You will work directly with senior leadership at H+K, and with C-Suiters at a large, publicly traded company. Your responsibilities will include:
- Story-mining unique pitch angles and compelling narratives that successfully connect the client brand to key technology and consumer media targets
- Providing leadership support, collaboration and creativity to a dedicated PR team across geographies on all brand initiatives
- Leveraging top-tier media relationships with leading national outlets to successfully generate regular coverage on behalf of our automotive/tech client
- Working with the client regularly to find inroads to target publications and to help shape the story accordingly
- Working closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Leading media relations efforts for product launches, corporate initiatives, events, strategic partnerships, programs, events and more
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What you’ll need to get here:
- 5-8 years’ public relations experience; agency experience preferred
- 3+ years’ people management experience
- High-tech industry experience
- Track record of success working with B2B and B2C technology clients; automotive/transportation technology experience a plus
- Strong earned media experience, both strategy and execution, with a base of existing relationships across key technology and business media contacts
- Experience managing budgets of $1M+
- Well versed in general public relations practices and agency operations
- Excellent manager of projects, client teams, clients contacts and budgets
- Highly professional with business acumen and ability to provide senior level strategy and counsel to clients and staff
- Ability to interface with senior executives on client side
- Understanding of and ability to execute PR plans, strategy and programs
- Proven ability to grow and manage client budgets with minimal write-offs
- Ability to attract and win new business
- Successful management and mentoring of staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills including outstanding presentation and public speaking skills,
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Positive attitude in deadline-oriented environment
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative company culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Want to collaborate and create with us?
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.