Senior Account Director, IT Procurement
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for an experienced Senior Account Director to join our dynamic Ottawa Procurement team. This represents an exciting opportunity to engage with diverse clients both in the technology and public sector to provide advisory services. As a Senior Consultant, you will lead IT Procurement projects, client and vendors engagements and will identify new business opportunities within existing and new clients. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks within client files and will raise any issues with senior members of the team. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Using your experience and expertise in public sector IT procurement, you would be helping companies identify and secure new opportunities
- Liaising with Shared Serves Canada, Treasury Board, and other government departments.
- You would be providing early business development support to clients, tracking emerging legislative or regulative issues.
- Support the development of communications campaigns and when required manage the client and vendor relationship.
- Influence, advise, and consult on integration on emerging trends within key government departments related to IT requirements and opportunities
- Help deliver presentations to various managers, executive committees and communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely while making recommendations to expedite information security problem-solving and decision-making.
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more.
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts in a passionate, smart, fun, and creative work culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training, and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills, and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Canadian public sector IT procurement practices
- 5+ years’ experience serving the public sector and industrial sectors
- Consulting experience an asset
H+K Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.