Senior Creative Designer
We are looking for a flexible and highly motivated Senior Creative Designer, able to work independently and with teams to pitch, sell and create campaigns and branded content.
You should be used to working in a fast paced creative environment, potentially from an advertising, brand or content background, and motivated to work alone, with small teams, or with additional freelancers to develop campaigns and content across multiple formats to be used across traditional, social media & digital platforms. You will be able to use (or build) your ‘black book’ of best in class suppliers and freelancers to deliver impact and business results.
You’ll need to be a great communicator and an inspiring leader – motivating direct reports, peers and colleagues, confident in client facing situations, good at juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines, and able to say no constructively and positively.
The entrepreneurial atmosphere will allow someone to bring their own ideas to open up new projects with existing and potential clients.
Strong English and is essential and Arabic is preferable, as many of our clients work across both languages.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Passionate and knowledgeable about branded content and creative campaigns
- Curious, creative and up for a challenge
- Smart and a clear communicator
- Friendly and positive with team
- Confident in client facing situations
- Willing and able to travel across MENA offices
- University degree and relevant creative qualifications
- 5-8 years previous experience in fast paced agency or news environment.
- Liaising with colleagues in other offices, and sharing expertise or insights with design and creative teams in other offices e.g. London & SJR, ensuring we use H+K proprietary tools, methods & techniques
- Work with client-service team to ensure projects remain on-time and on-budget
- Consulting clients on brand challenges.
- Scope, plan & manage the creative process on projects
- Work with other disciplines (Strategists, Developers, Content Producers, Media, Accounts, etc.) to ensure cohesive team integration, and alignment with broader business objectives
- Define the aesthetic of overall campaigns
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Generate ideas and sell them into clients and other members of the team
- Mock-up / storyboard creative ideas
- Design across multiple channels including email, web, social etc. as well as some print work
- Consistently produce creative elements against a deliverables list
- Run/lead brainstorms
- Attend client briefings & present to clients
- Developing and pitching new business
- Taking briefs and client/colleague feedback
- Bringing together internal teams to deliver campaigns
- Creative flair: Ideas /concept generation both independently and as part of a team
- Background in advertising/print with good/basic knowledge of digital
- Problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of appropriate and latest requirements for content development
- Awareness of current and emerging creative trends
- Good time management skills
At H+K, we strongly support an entrepreneurial approach, allowing people to find a career progression that works for their skills and the long-term benefit of the company. Development opportunities include:
- Opportunity to join our new and growing digital team, helping to shape how we approach digital and content
- Opportunity to grow creative offering across EMEA
- Opportunity to transfer & work in other offices in the future