Senior Media Relations Specialist, Consumer/Lifestyle
Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. The H+K Strategies New York office is a team of smart, strategic communications professionals looking for a talented Senior Media Specialist to join us as a Vice President equivalent, focused on national consumer, news and lifestyle media outreach on behalf of a globally influential roster of consumer clients. This role offers a unique opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert in media relations, leveraging your top-tier national media relationships to secure high-impact placements for clients and educate your network colleagues about best-in-class media relations strategies and tactics.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as the primary media relations specialist for globally influential clients including one in the automotive space
- Leading day-to-day media programs on behalf of these brands, utilizing brand partnerships and assets to craft compelling narratives and secure top-tier consumer/lifestyle media coverage
- Developing strong relationships with client contacts, building trust and providing counsel on media relations strategy
- Successfully executing media relations programs by leveraging your strong network of top-tier journalists across national broadcast, print and online outlets
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials/pitches to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning
- Working closely with junior team members to help them develop strong media relations skills including pitch development, media outreach and follow-up and coverage tracking
- Generating fresh media-centric ideas for programs, launches and campaigns that parallel our client objectives
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing a global consumer brands within an integrated team
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 8-10 years’ experience working in strategic communications and public relations; agency experience preferred
- Experience developing and executing large-scale consumer brand media strategy; entertainment, consumer-tech, automotive experience a major plus; ability to work effectively on integrated teams
- Robust and current network of media relationships in the entertainment/news/consumer/lifestyle space; national broadcast and entertainment media connections a must
- Client service leader with the ability to ensure client satisfaction through world-class service and program results
- Proven track record of success securing top-tier, high-impact coverage on behalf of large, global consumer brands
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Skilled storyteller able to ideate strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence working with both client contacts and internal client leaders and executives
- Passion, integrity and excitement for the H+K brand
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.