Senior Account Executive, Consumer Markets/Food+Beverage
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a talented Senior Account Executive to join our Chicago-based Consumer Markets team, leading integrated PR campaigns for a variety of exciting food + beverage brands.
The ideal candidate will be an expert storyteller with strong earned media, social/digital and account management skills and a track record of success executing campaigns for large consumer brand clients. This is an opportunity serve as a true extension of the client team and be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary group.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Serving as a client-facing leader on key food product and other consumer accounts, working with client contacts and internal teams to execute objectives and maintain client satisfaction
- Acting as a storyteller, shaping the client narrative to secure media placements
- Maintaining strong relationships with key media contacts and influencers
- Developing and supporting client strategy and planning
- Helping lead and mentor the best junior staff in town, overseeing project management, day-to-day account work and individual client programs
- 3-6 years’ PR/strategic communications experience; agency experience a must
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong consumer background with a true understanding of the CPG/food product space
- A firm grasp of the media landscape and a solid bench of key media contacts
- Experience working with junior team members, account management and career development initiatives
- Track record of success developing and executing PR/communications programs to achieve a client’s objectives
- Proven success in building and maintaining strong relationships with client contacts
- Ability to communicate with charisma and ease in a variety of forums including client meetings and new business pitches
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Digital & social media savvy
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative company culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.