- Project / event Management
- Executes public relations activities for client with an increasing role in direct client involvement.
- One-to-two years in agency or equivalent
- Ability to write basic documents (i.e. pitch letters, press releases, etc.)
- Understands basic principles of public relations and relevant client industries
- Possesses judgement skills necessary for client contact
- Has knowledge of media and how it functions
Duties and Responsibilities
Works on a range of public relations/public affairs activities including:
- event planning/organization
- logistical support within one or more account teams
Represents client(s) to the media and manages aspects of media relations, including news conferences, promotions, product launches, editorial board meetings, etc.
Exhibits knowledge of print and broadcast production process; ability to deal with designers, producers, and other specialists.
Begins to build relationships with clients by demonstrating a clear understanding in their business and industries.
Implement & execute client events.
Oversees workflow of Account Coordinators and Interns.
Achieves personal monthly utilization targets.
Assists in monthly budget process as assigned, i.e. drafting monthly and/or weekly budget status reports as part of budget tracking process, reviewing vendor invoices as they arrive, etc.
Begins to understand H&K financial systems (JSRs, Estimators, forecasting budgets, etc.).
Identifies incremental business opportunities on current accounts and shares same information with appropriate supervisor.
Continuously looking for new business opportunities for H&K.
Assists in researching and responding to RFPs and other inquiries from clients and/or new business proposals.
Continues to expand knowledge, understanding and use of H&K infrastructure resources (HK.net, etc.), utilizes them on a routine basis and ensures subordinates do the same.
Begins to build a strong network of industry and media contacts.
Pursues every career development opportunity related to his/her own career advancement.
Participates in H&K training program.
Attends one networking event per month.
Projects a positive image of H&K at all times.
Any additional works assigned by company.