Account Executive - Financial + Professional Services
H+K is a global communications agency with a unique structure; a matrix of sector experts and discipline specialists that makes it well adapted to the evolving needs of today’s most exciting brands.
At the heart of every account is a dedicated sector-focused team, promising deep industry knowledge, proactive account management, and attentive client handling. These teams work side-by-side with a wide range of specialists, in everything from ESG and behavioural science to public affairs and crisis, each bringing market-leading expertise in their discipline to meet client needs.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and curious Account Executive to join our fast-growing Financial + Professional Services team in London.
This dynamic group of 20+ consultants lead some of our most well-known and biggest accounts, working across specialist corporate communication, consumer, brand, B2B, content and publishing and social media, issues and crisis, and public affairs. The Financial + Professional Services team grew rapidly in 2021, winning 12 new clients and increasing in headcount. We’re proud of providing clients with depth of expertise in financial and professional services, as well as experience in multi-stakeholder, integrated communications across channels.
The successful candidate will be bright, ambitious, and hard-working, with an interest in communications, media relations and social media, as well as a passion for current affairs. Financial or professional services sector experience is a bonus but not essential. You will see your ambition rewarded and spurred on by managers and colleagues, with plenty of opportunity for personal development and growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task, prioritise and stay organised
- Interest in, and understanding of, business issues, news and politics, and the media
- Ability to deliver research across a wide range of topics and provide thoughtful, actionable insights to boot
- An understanding of digital and social media
- Press office, media relations and social media/content creation experience where possible
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to develop your communications career within a full-service and internationally networked PR consultancy with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- Work on huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- Hone your skills across media relations, public affairs, corporate communications, social media and content generation
- Breadth of learning opportunities working across the H+K business with our experts in areas such as consumer brands, internal comms, crisis + issues management, behavioural science and digital and content production
- Be part of a close-knit, highly motivated and dynamic team, where culture matters, creativity is encouraged, and engagement and cooperation are common values
- Our dedicated, industry-leading training academy, The Hub, which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development
OVERVIEW OF H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Bespoke health and wellbeing plan
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidized on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries