Senior Account Director, Consumer Public Relations
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is looking for a Senior Account Director to join its dynamic Consumer Marketing team in Toronto. If you are looking to propel your career forward, work on some of the world’s most well-respected brands (adidas, Mazda, Campari and Whirlpool are just a few), we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to lead client files within the Consumer PR space, while also working alongside a passionate, engaged and growing national team.
We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for the H+K brand and our clients. Reporting to the Toronto Consumer Marketing VP, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of integrated campaigns and account teams, with a focus on delivering client service excellence. You must have a passion for the consumer products industry and be on top of industry trends.
Our people bring their individualism, curiosity, and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Be accountable for driving forward the day-to-day programming of several client files; provide strategic guidance to clients, anticipating needs and issues, troubleshooting problems as a fearless listener and counselor, and introducing clients to H+K’s breadth of service and specialty offerings
- Demonstrate a curious mindset that seeks to push the boundaries of creative thinking
- Be a mentor and coach for junior team members while continuing to help build and foster a positive and dynamic team culture; manage 2-3 Direct Reports
- Work collaboratively with Sector and Service Leads and Specialty Experts across the business to deliver integrated programs for our clients
- Manage and facilitate planning processes both proactively with clients, and as part of larger integrated agency teams
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity and innovation, both from a client service and team culture standpoint
- Pursue new business opportunities and regularly participate in the development of new business proposals and pitches
- Effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others using your strong communication and presentation skills
- Have a positive and team-oriented spirit and genuine interest in continuing to build a passionate, motivated and engaged team
- Manage account financials and contribute to driving growth and account profitability
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
What you’ll need to get here:
- A minimum of eight years of agency experience with a focus on consumer PR (CPG, retail, food & beverage sectors are an asset)
- An excellent track record providing strategic counsel to clients
- The ability to work independently and a proactive approach to driving work forward
- An affinity for mentoring staff and managing complex projects
- A proven entrepreneurial focus on business development with an ability to identify and develop business opportunities.
- You should also have an exceptionally curious mind and deep understanding of consumer trends, media landscape, key influencers, and digital trends.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
“About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Inc. is an international communications consultancy, providing services to local, multinational, and global clients. H+K operates in more than 70 offices in nearly 40 countries worldwide, as well as an extensive associate network, delivering award-winning campaigns to clients across all sectors and disciplines and with a focus on continued innovation for the industry. Headquartered in New York, the firm is part of WPP, one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
For more information about H+K, click here, follow us on Twitter here, like us on Facebook here, and follow us on LinkedIn here. “