Account Director - Energy & Industrials
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
We are currently looking for an Account Director or Associate Director to join our Energy + Industrials practice, one of our most diverse business sectors with a young, collaborative and vibrant team that holds itself to the highest professional standards and consistently delivers excellent work and flawless client service.
The portfolio of clients is diverse both in terms of core businesses, but also in terms of target audience. Top notch big brand and agency experience are highly desired for the role, as is experience of the energy, transport, logistics and manufacturing industries.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in corporate affairs, working on issues-rich campaigns and managing day-to-day advice and delivery for clients. This individual will have a crucial role leading several important accounts within this award-winning practice.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
WORK WE ARE PROUD OF
- Leading the national conversation on energy efficiency with Smart Energy Great Britain, activating national creative campaigns to drive awareness around the rollout of smart meters in the UK.
- Supporting the Ellen McArthur Foundation with a media relations campaign around issue of plastics in our oceans.
- Shaping brand communications through a digitally-led campaign on the topic of social innovation for one of the world’s leading industrial conglomerates
- Activating global thought leadership campaigns for an international trade association working at the heart of the energy transition
- DESIRED RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Solid communications experience gained delivering multi-disciplinary campaign work for heavyweight clients
- Digitally-savvy, with the ability to lead fully-integrated campaigns and drive content and publishing strategy development across paid, owned, earned and shared channels
- A strategic thinker with an interest in business, media & politics
- Agency experience is preferrable
- A confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors
- A proactive self-starter with an eye for identifying new business opportunities for existing clients and appetite to get involved in growing the portfolio
- Experience managing client budgets with a nose for profitability
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- Exposure to globally-recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- Employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity pay
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’