Deputy Managing Director
What You’ll Do:
Office Management (approximately 15% of the time)
- Create annual business plan for Thailand office
- Oversee and understand Thailand financial objectives and actual performance
- Provide forecasts of performance, as required
- Meet office financial objectives
- Lead and coordinate activities of the office management team
- Proactively provide the region and offices with information about company-wide developments, while actively supporting those developments
- Resolve any offices issue or problems
- Work with office financial staff to ensure compliance with accounting and administrative requirements
Client Service and Account Management (approximately 30% of the time)
- Lead and/or contribute to key accounts in Thailand, helping clients effectively tell their stories to the audiences they must care about and quickly engage as lead counsellor in crises that arise where reputation risk is managed at C-Suite level.
- Monitor and course correct when necessary, client satisfaction for office clients.
- Partner closely with Sector Leads and account and regional leaders to create and carry out a comprehensive program for client service and expansion within Thailand.
- Monitor and manage profitability for clients, including account retention and staff billability.
- Regularly publish thought leadership, being recognized as an expert on market trends, needs, and opportunities within the sector as it relates to public relations, digital, media, and content development.
- Support a “best team” approach for every client opportunity, personally lending support and direction to help individuals and teams realize their full potential while ensuring profitability, growth and creativity to our accounts.
New Business (approximately 30% of the time)
- Respond directly to business opportunities.
- Be omnipresent in the market, promoting all of H+K Strategies’ offerings, and those of our WPP agencies, while developing new business opportunities and expanding current client base.
- Develop and effectively execute directly, and through reports, new business strategies for Thailand.
- Work with global and regional practice and service leaders to develop and deliver new products and services. Train local staff on these offerings as needed.
- Lead consistent and quality-based best practices in prospective client development and engagement including: innovative proposal development, pitch preparation and delivery, and the creation of idea-driven credentials and other new business and marketing materials.
- Weigh risks and opportunities in making business decisions, including new business acquisitions.
- Use data, informed by awareness of internal and external factors, to develop meaningful trend analysis and insights that develop the practice.
People Development (approximately 20% of the time)
- Recruit and select staff for Thailand office.
- Deliver a strategy to improve staff engagement and retention.
- Act as a thoughtful, inspiring, and engaging leader, particularly around team development and engagement, providing opportunities to develop core skills and providing feedback through formal and informal channels.
- Regularly conduct performance appraisals for key staff and direct report, while facilitating the completion of performance appraisals across the office.
- Provide channels for training and development of staff in Thailand. Conduct training sessions as appropriate.
- Act as a mentor and champion of your team members, encouraging a high level of strategic thinking and creativity while providing guidance on daily activities such as responding to RFPs, and managing engagements and client needs.
- Have a strong understanding of the individual capabilities, strengths and opportunities.
Knowledge and Professional Skills (approximately 5% of the time)
- Be a thoughtful leader within your industries and sectors of expertise, while broadening your areas of knowledge and influence across the areas H+K works in Thailand.
- Identify and quickly react to new insights with an eye to the broader success of H+K as a whole.
- Monitor marketplace for new trends and competitive activities and develop innovative positioning, unique selling points, and relevant products.
- Establish and promote yourself as a leader and expert within an area of specialization.
- At least 10 years’ experience leading public relations strategies, teams and, preferably, offices, at a senior level.
- Experience leading senior accounts or practices within an agency and/or leading strategic corporate public relations programs within a corporation in a global context is required.
- P&L management experience required.
- Digital and integrated marketing experience considered a strong “plus”.
- Demonstrated track record driving growth through client acquisition, development and extended engagement.
- A recognized strategic client thought partner with a proven ability to manage complex client relationships.
- Excellent communications skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly to individuals, small groups and large audiences in both written and verbal form. Must have strong English language skills.
- A team orientation, with experience leading and being a member of diverse teams in an engaging and positive way.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills.
- Strong experience with the financial drivers of a services business.
- Proven understanding of trends, opportunities and key players within Thailand and the region, with an ability to identify, quickly communicate, and act upon “what’s next”.
- Skilled and excited about working in a fast paced, change focused organization while modelling corporate values.
- Bachelors’ degree in Media, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Business or related field required. Masters’ degree considered a strong plus.