H+K Strategies Singapore is the central hub for our Asia business, offering our clients a regional view through a local lens. We are a communications agency that pride ourselves on creating a team culture that professionals want to be part of, and clients want to partner with.
Our job is to help clients protect, enhance or build their brands reputation in the media and with key stakeholders, at a time when story formats and media landscape evolve at a varied pace across Asia.
Due to recent wins in the past 6 months, we are seeking a seasoned regional communications practitioner to join the team and drive our biggest consumer accounts. We are seeking a professional that is truly in touch with consumer and cultural behaviour for youth/young adults across Southeast Asia.
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented Associate Director with SEA experience to join our consumer team. Excellent client servicing skills, exemplary campaign management, and an undeniable flair for developing a deep and broad understanding of your clients’ business is just part of your repertoire.
You must also have worked in an integrated communications role for global consumer brands, where local and regional executions were created and managed by you – bonus points if these executions played a role in shifting culture. Ideally, you have innate passion and knowledge of the ‘Entertainment’ space.
We want to work with someone who has experience hubbing for SEA or the APAC region, as well as an in-depth understanding of the media/cultural landscape in the region. If you have both client-side and agency-side experience, then we want you. Ultimately, we’re seeking a culture-vulture – you have your finger on the pulse of everything lifestyle, music, fashion, design – with a keen understanding on what makes Asian’s culture clock tick, and are keen to find a role your clients can play in this behavioral change.
The work will be exciting, broad and challenging and include:
- Leading a driven and ambitious team
- Creating socially driven campaigns and driving news engine teams
- Driving creativity, pace and strategic thinking into a passionate team
- Helping to develop engaging assets and content for global and local storytelling
- Market management
- Writing strategic brand plans
- Creating engaging content
- Using data and insight to drive effective storytelling
- Developing relationships with key social and media influencers
- Co-ordinating global and local events
- Management of budget across multi markets
- Understanding of servicing levels
- New business experience
- Act as a mentor for the team and experience of managing teams
What the role can offer you:
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and friendly team who love their work
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working on high-profile international brands to deliver innovative, creative campaigns.
- Exposure to a globally recognised client and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Best in class training through our dedicated Hub facility
What we are seeking:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of team with an emphasis on retaining and expanding current client business.
- Responsible for overseeing all client budgets (creating, expanding, forecasting, etc) and ensuring that revenue and account profitability for each client is reached on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the supervision of all subordinates from associates to account managers.
- Assists Practice Leaders on new business efforts.
- Has an established specialty or practice niche and strong, senior contacts in the media.
- Be motivated by exceptional creative thinking.
- 5+ years of regional communications experience
- Specialized industry knowledge plus specialized skills in one or more key practice areas within H+K
- Proven experience managing a team from a financial, client delivery and staffing perspective
- write new business proposals
- manage, retain and grow multiple accounts
- create and manage multiple budgets
- expand client business
- develop strategic communication programs
- Possesses solid presentation skills, including ability to communicate and sell ideas to prospects
- Proven leadership skills and sales ability
- Has an established network of senior industry and media contacts
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to upsell value-add programs/services to current clients.
- Draws out the best thinking of clients and to ensure pragmatic, well-executed outcomes.
- Supervises and sets direction of activities in accounts, including client needs, staffing, strategy and budgeting.
- Delegates client assignments, supervise others and work with other practices and offices.
- Truly models Best Teams practices by drawing on a vast network of H+K and WPP colleagues to develop and serve clients with the deepest possible expertise.
- Knows the tools, proprietary insights and methodologies available within H+K to best serve clients without creating new ones.
- Reconstitutes knowledge into marketable, reusable assets to develop new offerings by anticipating needs or meeting demands of current clients.
- Generates high value by moving the client organization to undertake and enact major change.
- Positions the firm and other colleagues with clients in ways that build a true institutional partnership.
- Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships.
- Has authoritative knowledge of multiple industries and business trends.
- Assists Ds in executing client satisfaction programs.
- Manages and reviews key client deliverables (i.e. messaging, branding, executive coaching, communications/marketing plans, strategy documents).
- Identifies “next level” thinking/ideas for clients by tracking industry trends and activities.
- Assumes creative and strategic direction and oversight on all account assignments.
- Has regular client contact to ensure the client is satisfied with account activity.
- Is proactive with clients to address any issues of dissatisfaction.
- Manages multiple account teams effectively, including daily supervision of subordinates including professional and administrative staff.
- Knows the resources within office (i.e. HR Manager, IT, Financial Manager, etc) and directs staff to appropriate resources to solve problems.
- Proactively gives informal constructive feedback to subordinates on a regular and timely basis.
- Effective communicator and role model to others within team, practice and H+K network.
- Works with supervisor to address and enforce personnel issues related to team, including developing, recognizing and rewarding top performers and the ability to make tough decisions on those whose performance does not meet expectations.
- Assists subordinates with defining a career path and identifying a niche in which each team member can succeed.
- Identifies top performers and assigns client work and projects that will motivate, encourage, and retain them.
- Approves/reviews staffing assignments of all direct reports.
- Helps direct or is integrally involved in a core service, asset group or practice niche.
- Manages and tracks individual team members’ utilization numbers throughout the month to ensure goals are being met.
- Manages average client annual billings.
- Aligns client expectations with budgets.
- Accurately projects revenues on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for team’s clients.
- Delivers revenue and account profitability at least as much as projected for each client on a monthly basis.
- Ensures write offs for clients do not exceed 5% annually.
- Ensures 85% of accounts receivables for team clients are less than 60 days outstanding.
- Reviews and approves all monthly invoice packages and ensures all office deadlines are met.
- Ensures that all account financial matters are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that monthly and/or weekly budget status reports are completed as part of budget-tracking process.
- Reviews and approves subordinates timesheets within 24 hours of the week/month closing.
- Ensures H+K is compensated fairly for its time by managing and limiting “R” time.
- Identifies business opportunities on current accounts and within H+K network.
- Orchestrates the creation and development of all new business proposals.
- Keeps finance team informed of new projects, particularly inter-company activities, to ensure the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- Leads teams through RFP process.
- Engages in discussions with key potential client executives to gain access into their firm or industry.
- Converts opportunities by building strategic relationships with clients or potential clients to demonstrate H+K value.
- Utilizes global H+K and WPP resources to potential client contacts to meet strategic communication needs of that client.
- Responsible for development of new products/services.
- Serves as primary point-of-contact in working with H+K staff to prepare client agreements.
- Leads new business pitches and presentations
- Any additional works assigned by company.