Assistant Consultant, Corporate Communications
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for an Assistant Consultant with a passion for corporate affairs and corporate communications to join our dynamic Toronto team. The successful candidate would join us in working with some of the most well-respected brands in Canada. Our clients come from a range of sectors including consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, sports and entertainment, home furnishing/appliances and financial services.
Our ideal candidate is passionate, a self-starter, can learn quickly and takes charge of program execution. Assistant Consultants support our client teams on a wide range of projects including media relations, events, social and content campaigns, research, data tracking and more.
We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for the H+K brand and our clients.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Working on client programs under the direction of direct manager and other senior practitioners, as assigned
- Assist client account leads in account management activities
- Delivering error-free and thoughtful work based on direction and program plans
- Developing and updating media lists
- Writing media and message materials such as media pitch notes, news releases, briefing documents and more.
- Contributing to corporate communications plans
- Conducting media relations to secure interviews, news coverage, and attendance at events
- Foster relationships with media and social media influencers, staying abreast of changes in those areas
- Monitoring traditional and social media using Cision, FPInfomart, Factiva, Radian6 and other sources, prepare reports using customized tools for clients, and developing insights and recommendations based on findings
- Providing updates to teammates about program progress and proactively recommending adjustments to client programs based on experience and feedback
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in identifying next steps in projects based on plans
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- High attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work accordingly
- A keen interest in current affairs and the news
- An understanding of both traditional PR and social program execution
- Experience using social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat and Reddit
- 1-2 years of work experience in a communications role (internship/volunteer experience applicable)
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs' consultancy providing services to local, multinational, and global clients from its eighty offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver aware winning campaigns and is focuses on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government+public sector, energy+industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial+professional services, food+drink, retail+leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill +Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countires as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ:WPPGY), one of the world's largest communications services groups.