Associate Director - Financial+Professional Services
Associate Director, Financial+Professional Services - Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
Our 20 plus financial and professional services consultants have a deep understanding of their sectors gained from working with a wide range of financial services brands – retail banks, savings providers, investment banks, management consultants, payments specialists, credit reference agencies and insurers among them.
We take pride in delivering best in class creative work, while recognising the human element in creating the optimum environment for this. You will see your ambition rewarded and spurred on by managers and colleagues, with plenty of opportunity for personal development and growth.
Our friendly and welcoming team has a mix of clients spanning sizes and borders. Some of our current clients include Equifax, Bain, ISS World, Pay.UK and Clifford Chance.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently lead client relationships, with accountability for the development and management of campaigns across all publishing channels (traditional and social, earned, owned, shared, and paid).
- Provide counsel with confidence and professionalism on communication strategies, stakeholder engagement, and corporate storytelling.
- Be a trusted advisor to clients, adding value to client relationships and helping clients achieve their business objectives.
- Provide strong financial management, understanding revenue forecasting, budget management and client profitability.
- Proactively identify opportunities for organic growth in your client portfolio.
- Lead new business pitches and support sector marketing activities.
- Mentoring, coaching, and line managing junior team members.
- A track record in creating and leading multi-channel, multi-market corporate comms campaigns, gained through experience of working with financial and professional services brands.
- Corporate and B2B background with a keen understanding of the public policy environment in financial services and the confidence to provide strong corporate counsel to senior clients on strategy.
- Strong client handling skills: experience in delivering decisive corporate counsel to senior clients based on solid understanding of their business objectives and challenges.
- A team player but able to lead high-performing clients and new business teams. Able to earn the respect of the team as well as motivate and develop junior members.
- A track record of pitching and winning new business of significant size and scope.
- We want someone to be proud of the work that they do and are excited to work in a sector that intellectually challenges and satisfies in equal measure.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
- Additional wellness days off for active commuting
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com