Freelance - Account Director - Issues
Hill & Knowlton Strategies
Freelance - Account Director, Crisis & Issues
H+K is one of the leading global communications agencies, always in beta - always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing.
We expect our people to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role, making our agency the perfect home for an ambitious self-starter.
We have a new opportunity for an established Freelance Account Director within our Issues and Crisis team.
We are looking for someone who is eager to deliver work of the highest quality to clients, work with some of the best in the business and develop exciting junior talent.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker, able to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly moving environment, who understands the broader world in which our clients operate and is interested in the news agenda.
The ideal candidate will have crisis communications or corporate issues/reputation management experience gained in an agency and/or in-house environment. Excellent written, verbal and digital communications skills and the ability to work quickly to tight deadlines are essential.
Blue-chip brands, household names and FTSE 100 companies across all sectors.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Solid communication experience gained within a fast-paced agency environment or a busy press office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Experience in strategic reputation management
- Issues management experience for B2B and/or B2C clients
- Intellectually curious with ambition, drive, and commitment to great results
- A confident team player who can quickly build strong relationships within the team and across the agency and motivate a group of ambitious junior staff
- Strong client handling skills; experience in delivering decisive counsel to senior clients
- Will be responsible for leading accounts with work spanning longer-term issues preparedness and strategic communications to and immediate crisis response.
- Some experience of financial management: responsible for fee recs, budget monitoring, revenue forecasting, fee negotiation, managing over-servicing levels, capacity planning across your accounts.
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Fantastic culture and a friendly, diverse and vibrant team who will push you to be your best self and constantly learn new skills and take on new opportunities
- Ability to work with and learn from an engaged senior team, committed to your development and finding the right opportunities for you to shine
- The chance to develop your crisis and client counsel skills as part of one of the most respected issues teams in the industry, learning from some of the best practitioners in the field
- The opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of clients and industry sectors on a range of high- profile projects
- Breadth of experience and opportunity across corporate and consumer client base
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators and able to work on global projects and opportunities
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients