Senior Account Executive, Energy+Industrial
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for a Senior Account Executive to support its growing U.S. Energy and Industrials (E+I) practice. This is an amazing opportunity to work with companies that are leading the energy transition, implementing some of the world’s most innovative new technologies, and managing through one of the most unique business environments in history as the nation emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic. You will have the opportunity to grow as a communications professional within a global network of energy and industrial experts and experience/learn a full spectrum of communications skills, including media relations, crisis communications, financial communications, employee relations, and many other key areas of expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
- Executing strategic and proactive media relations, digital & social content projects and more
- Exercising creativity in account strategy and planning
- Assisting in the development of client messaging and positioning for corporate, product and thought leadership programs
- Developing materials that articulate and promote our client’s initiatives and programs
- Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel client objectives
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Business or Public Relations
- 4-5 years of full-time public relations experience, preferably in an agency; energy related communications experience required, industrials experience preferred
- Media relations expertise and pitching experience, with the ability to establish and grow media relationships
- Ability to ideate pitch angles and identify strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement through new media
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail (ie., experience writing press releases, white papers, op-eds, talking points, social media content, and more)
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including client meetings, internal executive meetings and media events
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
Ready for your next chapter?
Please submit your resume and cover letter. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the H+K Talent Acquisition team will contact you directly.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.