Account Manager / Account Director
We are looking to strengthen our team with an enthusiastic team player who is passionate about EU policies and the decision-making processes. Consider this role if you are a committed self-starter with deep public affairs experience.
The successful candidate will bring experience in the application of strategies to help clients advance policy objectives, mobilise and engage stakeholders. They will be adept at using innovative ways to advance and protect corporate reputation, manage issues, and support organisations navigating change.
Are you ready to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues? Are you eager in finding creative ideas to grow our business? Are you comfortable managing multiple different projects at the same time? Are you excited by working in an international team?
Please send your CV and covering letter to our office manager, Ms Carine De Winne: [email protected]
You will be part of an integrated team of advocacy and communication professionals and lead account teams in developing and delivering innovative public affairs strategies for clients.
Your role will be to partner with leaders and colleagues in Brussels and across Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ global network to effectively drive revenue growth. We are always experimenting and are looking for people with an open, flexible, additive attitude who are enthusiastic about challenging and being challenged.
This is a position which requires good commercial and communication instinct, but also interest in sharing leadership responsibility for our people and driving high quality delivery for our clients.
- Through well-developed sectoral, business and technical PA expertise, actively broaden the client discussion, by challenging and exploring potential areas of need and opportunity
- Ensure client needs are anticipated and met to the highest standards
- Be responsible for servicing levels and financials on accounts, and ensuring the correct resourcing of the account/team
- Build, maintain and develop strong client relationships based on trust and knowledge
- Lead, train, coach and develop the team
- Ensure internal and external representation of the firm
- Contribute to identification, recruitment and retention of top talent
- Demonstrate an astute grasp of business, sector and client issues, and use this knowledge to anticipate and solve client challenges
- Actively lead, develop and implement business development initiatives
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Public Affairs ideally within a consulting firm
- Strong commercial skills
- Capable of delivering insightful and actionable strategic public affairs advice
- Familiarity with integrated communication – public affairs campaigns is a plus
- Excellent English writing skills and at least one other European language
- Ability to adapt swiftly to new tasks and deadlines
- Good team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Client-focused – someone who will go the extra mile
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail
- Superior writing skills and proven experience
- Eligible to work in the EU.
At Hill+Knowlton Strategies, we believe that good communications means simplicity, creativity and concrete results. Relationships matter, and details count. In an environment where many prefer to play it safe, Hill+Knowlton Strategies dares to be bold.
We place great importance on providing equal opportunities and highly encourage applicants from all races, national origins, ages, religions, marital and parental statuses, or sexual orientations and with disabilities to apply. We foster a workplace in which diversity and individual differences are celebrated, recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths.
We are passionate about our work and aren’t afraid to work hard. We support and trust each other. We practice a flat hierarchy and flexibility. We have fun together.
That attitude extends to the relationship we build with clients. Our clients have high expectations of us and in turn we challenge each other to think even harder, be more innovative and exceed our own high expectations.