International hotelier Conrad N. Hilton established the grantmaking foundation that bears his name in 1944 to help people living in poverty and experiencing disadvantage worldwide. Today, the work continues, concentrating on efforts to ensure healthy early childhood development and sustainable livelihoods for youth, support young people transitioning out of foster care, improve access to housing and support services for people experiencing homelessness, identify solutions to safe water access, and lift the work of Catholic sisters. Additionally, following selection by an independent, international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2.5 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to an organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. The Foundation is one of the world’s largest, with approximately $8.5 billion in assets. It has awarded grants to date totaling more than $2.4 billion, $339 million worldwide in 2021. Please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org for more information.
The Webmaster manages and monitors site performance and functions as the primary contact for all aspects of the Foundation's website(s), managing a range of responsibilities that includes web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the Foundation.
Manages and Monitors Site Performance
- Monitor security and perform all necessary updates.
- Monitor and report all web traffic.
- Repair any broken links and fix any reported bugs.
- Maintain virtual and cloud-based servers, optimizing speeds.
- Contribute to discussions on ways to improve functionality and usability.
Updates Content to Reflect Current Needs and Trends
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to meet needs and improve efficiency.
- Reply to user comments and queries in a timely fashion.
- Manage backup servers and failover.
- Gather and analyze requirements.
- Develops and maintains internet and intranet portals, forms, and structures in accordance with the organization’s needs; collaborates closely with Database Administrator, Communications Dept, Talent & Culture, and other invested leadership staff.
- Develops, implements, and maintains site applications in collaboration with the Foundation's functions.
- Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and unified web design across the Foundation's web properties.
- Collects and analyzes web analytics and similar data; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
- Maintains and documents ownership of the Foundation's Internet domains.
- Assists staff with navigating company websites through one-on-one support, user guides, and training sessions.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards; software licenses; and applicable state and federal laws and regulations, including data security, privacy, and intellectual property laws.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience in the technology field.
- Extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems, applications, and tools used by the Foundation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with site vendors.
- Evidence of continuing education, such as certifications, master's degree is a plus.
- Leadership and/or management experience is a plus.
About our Benefits
We value the health and well-being of our employees, some of the benefits we offer include:
- Comprehensive and generous health and life insurance options
- Relocation Pay
- Fitness benefits
- Paid holidays, time off, and parental leave
- Flexible work schedules and technology benefits
- Foundation funded retirement savings plan
- Professional learning and development and educational assistance
- Employee matching gifts to qualified non-profit organizations
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer with values grounded in promoting equality and inclusion and embracing diversity. We welcome qualified applicants of all races, colors, gender identities, sexual orientations, economic classes, ages, religions, national origins, and ability/disability statuses. Veterans and individuals with lived expertise are encouraged to apply. We respect and seek to empower every member of our Foundation community. We support and celebrate our collective array of cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences; fully realizing that such diversity is what makes our organization flourish and better enables us to fulfill our mission in the world.