It is an exciting time at Hill Holliday. Our goal is clear — to harness the unmatched integrated capabilities and talent that reside within our organization to drive growth.
We are looking to add to the leadership team that will shape our future and are actively seeking a highly ambitious, hungry self-starter to lead our new business development and marketing team.
The EVP, Growth will work closely with the President, and will lead and rally teams in support of Hill Holliday’s new business and marketing initiatives.
The person in this role serves as a cross-functional catalyst that will align and optimize teams internally for organic growth opportunities, while developing and implementing an ambitious external new business strategy. This person will be responsible for setting the vision and plan for new business development and marketing that will ultimately deliver high-impact results needed to drive revenue growth across the entire agency portfolio (including media and health).
Core Skills and Capabilities
New Business and Organic Growth Management
- Cultivate long-term, top-level relationships and confidence with new business consultants and prospective clients
- Drive growth by pursuing the development of new business leads, contacts, and presentations; seek organic growth opportunities with existing clients
- In concert with department heads, develop and review proactive ideas to grow clients’ business
- Direct new business proposals and presentations (which includes making key decisions as well as identifying the right resources to participate, drafting the pitch narrative, and ensuring that our approach to every presentation is aligned and strategically on point)
- Build a robust new business pipeline focused on increasing target prospect meetings via strategic outbound prospecting efforts
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with potential clients and partners
- Conduct in-person meetings to share Hill Holliday’s capabilities and POV on key topics or categories
- Utilize agency resources, thought leadership, case studies, and work to initiate conversations
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams on proposals and prospect meeting presentations
- Evaluate market research and adjust new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Prepare new business activity reports for senior management
- Act as a liaison with the IPG growth team and establish the right level of partnerships, to ensure the agency is maximizing the resources of the holding company when appropriate
Agency Vision & Visibility
- Work with leadership to develop, define, and communicate a vision and drive its execution internally and externally
- Position agency as a thought leader and category expert
- Oversee the agency’s marketing communications initiatives including press releases, client advisories, advertising, marketing materials and publications, and online marketing
Department Management & Oversight
- Bring a proven track record of navigating complex issues, managing multiple stakeholders, making decisions, and driving strong results. Resolve challenges with an eye toward what is required to scale and sustain solutions
- Review all performance evaluations and staff plans for professional development
- Collaborate with department heads to analyze staff allocation on a regular basis to ensure appropriate use of agency resources, to drive growth
Strategy Development Planning & Reporting
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand or create new service offerings to remain competitive and meet client needs in an ever-changing landscape
- Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives
- In concert with the President, develop business strategies, resource management, and forecasts to assure growth and profitability
- Direct the development and execution of procedures to promote efficiency, communication, and adequate information flow internally to various department leads
- Minimum 12 years of cumulative experience in new business development within advertising, or a combination of marketing and advertising experience
- Strong background in consumer marketing, product, and strategy development. Ability to bring a thoughtful and strategic approach to prospecting new clients
- Motivated and energized by the thrill of the prospecting process — hungry for that next “big win”
- Demonstrated leadership of people (either in a direct or cross-functional relationship). Ability to interface with C-level execs and be presentation-ready
- In-depth understanding of the marketplace and how to gain deep consumer insight within each particular business opportunity
- Demonstrated negotiation experience and skill at creating multi-purpose business alliances
- Ability to work autonomously, be a risk seeker, and remain confident in one’s personal business capabilities
- Ability to remain calm and confident in high-pressure situations.