Director, Creative Resource Manager
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Director, Creative Resource Management reports to the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) and supports him in the overall operation of the creative department including staffing allocation, work assignments, recruiting/hiring, and other such operational areas that contribute to the smooth functioning of the department.
Staffing Allocation / Work Assignments:
- Partner with account management and operations to ensure appropriate staffing allocations across client accounts (for both retained business and incremental work)
- Support the CCO in developing and maintaining an effective departmental structure that supports the agency’s overall business model and P&L
- Support the CCO and GCD’s in the management of all ongoing work for the creative department. Keep track of schedules and workloads for all creatives
- Partner with CCO and GCD’s to determine which creatives are available and best suited to be assigned to upcoming projects
- Assist GCD’s and Account Managers in assigning and briefing creatives on projects. Follow up when necessary to make sure work is on schedule and on track for presentation
- Act as a concierge to the creative department by finding and allocating staff resources to get projects done, including sourcing and hiring freelancers as needed
- Continuously network with and interview creative talent for Hill Holliday; maintain a pipeline of creative talent at all levels for future opportunities at Hill Holliday (including freelance)
- Regularly attend student portfolio reviews and maintain ongoing relationships with colleges/universities for creative interns and entry-level level talent needs
- Regularly visit creative portfolio schools to promote Hill Holliday and to seek out outstanding new talent
- Seek out and propose speaking engagements and other opportunities for senior level creatives at portfolio schools, relevant colleges/universities, and other industry events
- Actively participate in industry organizations, events, award shows, etc. as a professional representative of the agency and our clients
- Partner with Marketing teams to generate internal and external press/buzz about Hill Holliday’s creative work
- Partner with Human Resources and Talent Acquisition for recruiting efforts as needed
- Partner with Human Resources on formal job offers and on-boarding of new employees
- Act as a sounding-board and provide professional guidance to all creative employees
- Partner with Human Resources on all performance management, training and development, compensation, and employee relations activities
- Ability to manage and inspire a productive, diverse team.
- Ability to drive prioritization for the team and lead them through changes.
- Displays a high degree of integrity and is respected by clients and peers.
- Confident decision-maker who has a point of view and knows when and how to share it.
- Takes responsibility for the health and effectiveness of the team
- Supports others' ideas and voices and creates and environment that encourages collaboration.
- Effectively uses collaboration to the benefit of business, ensuring efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrates mature leadership and empathy during difficult team situations.
Accountability for Results
- Anticipates and addresses potential challenges in getting on-time, on-budget deliverables and adjusts team priorities and processes accordingly.
- Utilizes knowledge of our business and our client's business to proactively offer innovative solutions to challenges even when it hasn't been asked for.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Advocate and amplify diverse perspectives
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Foster and promote inclusivity with agency
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in creative resource management role, or transferrable type of role.