Hill Holliday Health Overview:
About Hill Holliday Health: We’re 125 hungry, humble, healthcare-obsessed humans in both Boston or New York, focused on helping people fight their daily battle for better health. Whether it’s highly targeted digital work for rare diseases or big multi-channel DTC campaigns, no challenge is ever too big, or too small. Our clients include Novartis, Regeneron, Bayer, Intra-cellular, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen division, Allergan, Ironwood and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. To learn about Hill Holliday Health, please visit https://www.hhcc.com/health.
The Strategy team brings diverse collaboration to the digital and brand planning realm. Our strategists don’t just understand the consumers – they influence them. They're constantly identifying opportunities to engage and motivate customers during their journey, while also developing strategies that inform winning ideas. Their ability to develop brands that excel in purpose, positioning, and personality is remarkable. They’re laser-focused on enhancing the online relationship between our brands and their customers. They’re prepared to move fast, collaborate quickly, and use every resource available to take our work to the next level. They’re obsessively curious about emerging social platforms mobile apps, and digital trends – and fearless in their exploration of these new areas.
The Senior Strategist will be responsible for:
- Developing and writing briefs to establish the direction of the project/campaign.
- Managing independent work while also collaborating with their manager on projects.
- Building and managing client engagement and direct relationships.
- Digging into and understanding the science in order to tell a clear, motivating story about a disease or treatment that both internal team members and patients can understand
- Supporting new business pitches with research and strategic insights.
- Gaining fresh inputs from associate and intermediate teammates and applying them to client and dept. work.
- Crafting thought provoking POVs (on a channel, on an industry, on a topic, etc.) including actionable implications and next steps to share with the larger internal, and external teams
- Uncovering and sharing surprising insights that can lead to thought provoking work; using blended research techniques.
- Driving research including insight mining, creative assessment and ongoing measurement; working in collaboration with our Decision Sciences Team and research vendors to design, moderate and interpret research results.
- Leading discussions around a brand house, brand positioning work, etc.
- Crafting emotionally compelling stories (media agnostic; video, decks, briefs, etc.) that heavily infuse data.
- Fostering relationships with senior team members, and clients.
- Developing managerial and leadership skills.
- Being insatiably curious about what motivates, inspires, scares, excites people, the world around them and how they engage with media and content outlets
- Being a shrewd business person who understands what makes the client’s business tick
- Turning an insight into a story and can tell the story in a way that inspires others
- Traveling to clients offices occasionally to lead workshops, brainstorms and presentations
- Management experience beyond one’s self. Understands the value of developing others and guiding junior team members by providing constructive feedback.
- Able to prioritize work, manage through change and help support junior team members through change.
- Plays a lead role in team and client meetings… have a confident voice at the table to inspire peers and clients to push boundaries.
- Diplomatically manages feedback from various team members and perspectives.
- Strong communication skills to ensure team has what is needed to be successful.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
- Experience managing projects and deliverables with little oversight.
- Can maintain momentum on projects and deliverables when priorities change and circumstances get demanding.
- Ingenuity that provides new thinking and ideas for the team to deliver great work.
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Foster and promote inclusivity with agency
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 4+ years of experience in an advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical experience preferred